Wondering where to start as you dive into this year’s festival festivities? Here’s your comprehensive guide to the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, with information on activities, live entertainment, schedules, food booths, and more.
The 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is back for another year! This year, the jam-packed festival runs from January 12 through February 19. We’ve broken down everything you can expect to do, see, and eat at the festival in our comprehensive guide to the 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
The EPCOT Festival of the Arts is your chance to celebrate creativity! This festival brings together creative culinary concoctions with imaginative visual and performing arts. Now headed into its eighth year, the 2024 Festival of the Arts offers plenty of delicious eats to try, performances to catch, and activities to participate in as you visit EPCOT in January and February.
Keep scrolling to find everything you need to know about EPCOT’s newest festival.
2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
Click or tap the link to go to the section you’d like to read:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s New at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
- 2024 Festival of the Arts Food Booths
- Activities at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
- 2024 Festival of the Arts Merch
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
The 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts kicks off on January 12, 2024, and ends on February 19, 2024.
How long does the EPCOT Festival of the Arts run for?
It lasts for five weeks, giving you just over a month to experience this art-filled fest.
What are the park hours for EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts?
During the festival, EPCOT is open from 9 AM to 9 PM every day. However, festival booth and activity times will vary. Each day, the food booths (or “food studios”) open at 11 AM. Make sure you grab a Festival Passport upon entering EPCOT for the 2023 Festival of the Arts. This is your guide to the day’s activities (and all the Festival of the Arts food booths).
How much is the 2023 EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
All EPCOT festivals, including the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, are included with the cost of admission to EPCOT.
- If you’re an Annual Passholder, attending the 2024 Festival of the Arts costs nothing (though blackout dates still apply).
- If you’re purchasing a ticket, a standard single-day ticket to EPCOT costs $119.
However, there are other Festival of the Arts costs to factor in before you head to the park. For example, one of the main draws of the festival is the collection of food booths (“food studios”), where you can purchase artistic renditions of classic food, snacks, and drinks. These vary in cost; the cheapest items are typically in the $2 to $3 range. However, the fanciest cocktails may hit $13 to $15.
While the Festival of the Arts has held free demonstrations and classes in the past, there have also been paid classes you can take (as little as $25 per person). One activity – the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – requires the purchase of select food items to complete and earn the prize. Another – the Figment scavenger hunt (“Figment’s Brush with the Masters”) – typically costs $9.99 to participate.
And of course, there’s plenty of special festival merch to go around. If you’ve gotta have the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts merch (I mean, Figment is pretty darn cute), be ready to spend a pretty penny. You’ll also find beautiful art for sale during the festival.
What’s free at the EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
If you’re hoping to do the Festival of the Arts on a budget, you’ll want to skip the food booths, merch stops, scavenger hunts, food strolls, and special classes. However, one of the most exciting aspects of the Festival of the Arts is the slew of live performances you can catch throughout the day – and each one of these performances is completely free! While the 2024 entertainment schedule is still yet to be released, you can expect the following live entertainment to be free once you’re inside EPCOT for the festival:
- Disney on Broadway, a series of Broadway performers singing Disney hits at the America Gardens Theater.
- Visual Art in Performance, where you can watch artists paint Disney characters live in only a few minutes.
- Art Defying Gravity, an acrobat show that literally creates art in the air.
- Animation Academy, a chance to learn how to draw some of your favorite Disney faces.
In addition to these free daily performances, there’s plenty to see around EPCOT during the Festival of the Arts. And it’s all free! You’ll be able to find photo opportunities where you can step into famous paintings and snapshots with a Disney PhotoPass Photographer (or take your own photos), check out visual art like the Walking Chalk Gallery, and browse the work of artists at the Festival Markets.
Make sure you grab a Festival Passport upon entering EPCOT for the 2024 Festival of the Arts. This is your guide to the day’s activities, food booths, and free entertainment you can enjoy without spending a cent.
What’s New at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
Right now, we’re awaiting the official word on everything that will be new at this year’s EPCOT Festival of the Arts. Each year, many fan-favorite food booths, activities, and entertainment return – but the festival always brings something new and fresh for a brand-new year. Check back here before the festival kicks off in January to find out what can’t-miss new fun you’ll want to make sure to catch!
2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts Food Booths
One of the big draws of the annual EPCOT Festival of the Arts is the food booths. Unlike the other three festivals, this is one where more thought seems to be put into the presentation of the food rather than the flavor. That’s not to say the food isn’t great; you just need to be more selective of what you spend your festival dollars on if you want a taste to enjoy over a nice Instagram photo.
The booth’s available for the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts will include:
- The Artist’s Table (The American Adventure)
- Cuisine Classique (Near Test Track Presented by Chevrolet) — NEW
- The Craftsman’s Courtyard (Near Creations Shop)
- Deco Delights (Near Port of Entry)
- The Deconstructed Dish (Near Port of Entry)
- El Artista Hambriento (Mexico)
- Figment’s Inspiration Station at the Odyssey: Art, Food, and Little Sparks of Magic
- Goshiki (Japan)
- Gourmet Landscapes (Canada)
- L’Art de la Cuisine Francaise (France)
- L’Arte di Mangiare (Italy)
- Moderne (Near Test Track)
- The Painted Panda (China)
- Pastoral Palate (Germany)
- Pop Eats (Near Port of Entry)
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina (Morocco)
- Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina (Between Morocco & France)
- Funnel Cake
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Refreshment Outpost
- Refreshment Port
- Swirled Showcase
Activities at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
In addition to eating your way around World Showcase (and don’t forget to head to Test Track for The Donut Box), the Festival of the Arts has so much to do, from photo ops to shopping experiences to scavenger hunts to actual learning opportunities.
Here’s a full list of things to do at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts:
- Animation Academy
- Artful Photo Ops
- Figment’s Brush with the Master’s (Figment scavenger hunt)
- Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
- Expression Selection: A Paint by Numbers Mural
- Art Defying Gravity
- Chalk Art
- Festival Marketplaces
- DISNEY ON BROADWAY
- Visual Art in Performance
This year, head to America Gardens Theatre, where you can catch real animation artists giving lessons on how to draw a Disney character. The experience will run daily from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM. Featured artists include:
- Will Gay
- Lon Smart
- Matthew Dewater
- Brian Blackmore
- Sarah Schmidt
- David Holbrook
- Michael Montgomery
- Alex Maher
- Andy Quiles
- Hannah Loflin
- Luke Consolo
- Justin Dring
Artful Photo Ops
Stroll around World Showcase during the festival to take unique photos inside your favorite art pieces. For 2024, these are pieces and locations you can pose for pictures inside of:
- International Gateway: Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- The American Adventure: Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Leutze
- Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion: Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci
- Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion: The Scream – Edvard Munch
- Mexico Pavilion: An Homage to Frida Kahlo
- Bridge to World Showcase: Wish Storybook
- Italy Pavilion Courtyard: Teatime with Penguins
- Bridge to World Showcase: Forest Scene from Sleeping Beauty
Figment’s Brush with the Masters (Figment Scavenger Hunt)
If you’ve got little ones with you during the EPCOT Festival of the Arts (or if you’re a big kid yourself!), you can hunt for Figment around World Showcase and receive a special prize upon completion. The Figment scavenger hunt costs $9.99 and can be purchased these locations:
Each year, we go on the hunt to find Figment in every location and provide a spoiler-filled guide to finding the imaginative dragon. Tap for our full guide to finding Figment in the scavenger hunt.
Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
Each EPCOT festival traditionally has some kind of activity to guide you through eating around the world. For the Festival of the Arts, it’s the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, which tasks you with purchasing five specific menu items at various booths that correspond with a color.
You’ll receive a stamp in your Festival Passport for each purchased item. Once you have all five stamps, you can take the Festival Passport to the Deco Delights food studio to claim a prize (it’s the Artist Palette Cookie!).
For 2023, the featured foods on the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine were:
- Red: Blood Orange-braised Beet Carpaccio with Mustard Vinaigrette, Pickled Clamshell Mushrooms, Golden Beets and Crostini from the Canada booth (Gourmet Landscapes)
- Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie featuring flexible Key Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker Cake and Meringues from The Deconstructed Dish
- Yellow: House-made Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aïoli and Annatto Aïoli from the Encanto booth (Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina)
- Orange: Pan-seared Scallops with Vanilla-Butternut Squash Purée, Brown Butter Cauliflower Purée and Lime Foam from the America booth (The Artist’s Table)
- Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Gelée from The Donut Box
Expression Selection: A Paint by Numbers Mural
One of the coolest experiences at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts is the massive group endeavor of the Paint by Numbers mural. Each week, you can help create a masterpiece along with all the other festival guests. And in case you’re a newcomer, we’ve got a full guide on how to paint by numbers at the EPCOT Festival of the Arts.
Each day during the festival, you can take part in the Expression Section: A Paint by Numbers Mural at World Nature from 11 AM to 5 PM.
Art Defying Gravity
Performance art is one of the most fun parts of the Festival of the Arts. For 2024, Art Defying Gravity returns. We don’t want to give too much away, but Disney teases that it features “thrilling acts of strength.” Art Defying Gravity performance times and days vary so always check My Disney Experience during your visit.
Let’s face it: Chalk art at the Festival of the Arts truly is the chalk of the town. (I’ll see myself out.) Everywhere you look at the 2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, you’re bound to see chalk art. Strolling through World Showcase, you’ll encounter chalk drawings of your favorite Disney characters. This experience is called Chalk Full of Character.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Families can enjoy the interactive Kid’s Chalk Art at the bridge to World Showcase Plaza. Each day from 11 AM to 4 PM, families can work together to draw chalk art masterpieces.
Shopping during the EPCOT Festival of the Arts is something that sets this apart from the other three festivals, as you can buy beautiful artwork from actual artists. If you’re lucky, you might even spot artists working on a new piece before your very eyes. Galleries are spread out throughout EPCOT during the festival. Wondering which famous artists will be at each gallery during the festival? Visit this site, select the week you’re visiting, and discover whom you might run into.
DISNEY ON BROADWAY
Broadway is back, baby! For 2024, Disney is bringing back this live performance series daily throughout the festival. The full list of performers and the schedule for the DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert series at the EPCOT Festival of the Arts is:
- Caissie Levy and Patti Murin (“Frozen”): Jan. 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday” and “The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins” and “Beauty and the Beast”): Jan. 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 24
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins” and “Beauty and the Beast”) and L. Steven Taylor (“The Lion King”): Jan. 26, 28 and 29; Feb. 1, 3, 5 and 6
- Kissy Simmons (“The Lion King”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”): Jan. 27, 30, 31; Feb. 2, 4, 7 and 8
- Mandy Gonzalez (“Aida”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin” and “Tarzan”): Feb. 9, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19
- Bradley Gibson (“Hercules” and “The Lion King”) and Shoba Narayan (“Aladdin”): Feb. 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19 *
Check the My Disney Experience app for up-to-date showtimes while at the festival.
Visual Art in Performance
This is one of the coolest experiences at Festival of the Arts. You’ll be able to watch as a guest visual artist paints your favorite Disney characters to life, in real time. Check MDE for showtimes; this is one festival experience you do not want to miss.
2024 EPCOT Festival of the Arts Merch
When the festival commences, we’ll bring you photos and videos of the hottest merch. As always, expect a fair amount of Figment merch, including apparel, accessories, and special pins. Disney has given a preview of a few pieces that will be available.
You can expect plenty of Figment merchandise available for the festival!