More details have been revealed about the new Adventures by Disney European river cruises and Short Escape itineraries scheduled to begin in 2020.
You may have seen our post earlier this year about the newly announced Adventures by Disney European river cruises coming in 2020. We finally have some details about these upcoming adventures that we’d like to share with you!
[metaslider id=30407 cssclass=” alignnormal”]
Next year, Adventures by Disney will be offering sailings along the Danube, Rhine, Seine, and Rhone rivers – boasting a record-breaking total of 27 departures for the year. Ten of these sailings will be reserved exclusively for adults looking for a more sophisticated adventure.
Set Sail Along the Rhone River
The newest river cruise itinerary is an eight-day, seven-night trip along the Rhone River sailing through beautiful Southern France. Stops include Lyon, Tournon, Avignon and Arles. There will be six sailings along the Rhone River in 2020; three of them will be family-friendly adventures and three will be reserved for adults. Each sailing will feature up to six Disney-trained Adventure Guides to help you along your journey.
Guests can look forward to experiencing:
- Active sightseeing adventures
- Explore enchanting towns and villages by bike
- Kayak beneath the famous 2,000-year-old Roman aqueduct, Pont du Gard
- Take in the magnificent scenery of the Gorges du Doux by steam train and rail bike
- Interactive culinary experiences
- Private truffle-hunting experience and tasting
- Cheese and jam making at a goat farm
- Experience an immersive tasting experience at a family- owned olive oil farm near Les Baux-de-Provence
- Enjoy curated tastings featuring Rhone Valley wines, chocolate and more
- Engaging art-focused excursions
- Walking tour of Roussillon’s colorful Ochre Trail followed by a painting class
- A demonstration in the art of silk-weaving in Lyon
- A visit to the Carrieres de Lumieres, a former limestone quarry where famous impressionistic paintings come to life
- Immersive historical tours
- Palais des Papes, a breathtaking palace that was once the seat of papal power
- The Roman ruins of Lyon and Nimes
- The historic hilltop villages of Gordes and Les Baux-de-Provence
- The 12th-century Abbaye de Senanque, where tales of medieval Cistercian monks unfold
New Short Escape Itineraries
Also beginning in 2020, guests can enhance their Adventures by Disney European river cruise vacation with three-day, two-night stays in Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest. These family-friendly itineraries will be lead by two dedicated Adventure Guides who will highlight each city’s most well- known attractions while also uncovering unexpected hidden gems. These Short Escape itineraries can be booked as standalone vacations or as an add-on to existing plans.
Here’s a breakdown of each Short Escape itinerary:
- Paris Short Escape
- Can be added to Seine and Rhone sailings
- Come face-to-face with one of the world’s most iconic landmarks, the Eiffel Tower
- Enjoy spectacular views of the “City of Lights” from your seats at dinner
- Other activities include a private walking culinary tour and a visit to the Louvre Museum
- Amsterdam Short Escape
- Can be added as a post-cruise stay following Rhine River sailings
- Visit to the Van Gogh Museum followed by a painting workshop
- Visit to the Dutch windmills in Kinderdijk
- Embark on a canal cruise
- Budapest Short Escape
- Can be added to Danube River sailings
- Indulge in homestyle Hungarian cuisine at a historic bistro
- Ride in a tuk-tuk (motorized rickshaw)
- Revel in a performance at the Budapest Opera House
- Visits to the city’s must-see locales, such as Buda Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church
Ready to book your Adventures by Disney European river cruise?
Bookings for 2020 Adventures by Disney European river cruise vacations open to the public on Jan. 31, 2019.
Let our travel partner, Destinations To Travel, do all the work for you! The best part? It’s completely FREE! Click here to get started.
Did you know that we periodically cover Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line in our magazine? Check out our January issue!
Love Adventures by Disney? Subscribe today!
[x_button shape=”pill” size=”x-large” float=”none” href=”http://wdw-magazine.com/purchase-page” title=”Purchase Page” target=”blank” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]BUY NOW![/x_button]