Here’s the latest on the new menu at Be Our Guest – plus the all the updates on news, weather, and closings this week at WDW.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom has finally rolled out its new signature dining menu. Dinner is now a prix fixe menu, which means you pay per person for the meal and are able to select an appetizer, an entrée, and you receive a dessert trio at the end. Appetizer choices include Escargot, French Onion Soup, Maine Lobster Bisque, Charred Octopus, an Artisanal Cheese plate or a salad. Entrees include Center-Cut Filet Mignon, Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini, Spice-Dusted Lamb Chops, Poulet Rouge Chicken, Saffron-Incused Seafood Bouillabaisse, or Roasted Pork Tenderloin. The Dessert Trio is an Almond Macaron with Lemon Jam and Raspberries, White Chocolate “Chip” Cup (served in an edible “Chip”, the cute boy-tea cup from Beauty and the Beast), and Dark Chocolate Truffle.
Kids age 9 and below have a choice of Iceberg Wedge Salad or Fruit and Cheese Plate for an appetizer and Pan-Seared Chicken Breast, Seared Shrimp Skewer, Grilled Beef Tenderloin, or a House-made Macaroni & Cheese for an entrée. Kids dessert choices consist of either Seasonal Fruit or a modified Dessert Trio. With the kids Trio, they get to paint the “Chip” cup with edible paint! The cost is $55 per person ages 10 and up, $35 per person ages 9 and under, and if you are using the Disney Dining Plan, you will need 2 Table Service credits per person.
Cast Members at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have received colorful new costumes in celebration of the parks 20th anniversary. A lot of thought went into the redesign, and many costumes include references to endangered species throughout the world. Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been a wonderful contributor to conservation and research and they continue to bring awareness to their efforts through costumes and stories.
A brand-new Quick Service restaurant is coming to Disney Springs! Chicken Guy, created by Guy Fieri, will be a chicken lovers paradise and will feature one-of-a-kind chicken tenders along with a variety of house-made sauces. There will even be a smoked bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato, and creamy buttermilk ranch chicken sandwich. Doesn’t that sound mouth-watering delicious? If you’re more of a “sides” person there will be fancy mac ‘n’ cheese as well as loaded fries. Just make sure you save room for hand-spun soft-serve ice cream! This flavorful Quick Service restaurant will open sometime in August next to Planet Hollywood.
You never know who you will run into at the Disney parks! Recently Pixar Animation Studios director Mark Walsh partied the night away at Disney H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. You may not know Mark’s name, but you are probably familiar with his work. He directed the short film “Partysaurus Rex” and worked as an animator on “Finding Nemo” and “Toy Story 2,” among others.
Raglan Road is probably one of the most fun places to eat in Disney Springs and their entertainment is top-notch. They recently “plussed” the experience there by debuting Rhythms of Raglan 2018, and will combine amazing Irish dance routines, video effects, and expressive music for a memorable performance. There will be four shows throughout the evening featuring 16 musicians and 8 talented dancers. Raglan Road is one of the best entertainment venues in Disney Springs, and there is no cover charge to enter.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments this Month
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise will be closed from July 1st through October 20th, 2018.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimaged. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed. It will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian. (A menu has been released indicating a pending opening!)
- Disney’s All Star Movies will be under a room refurbishment until sometime in 2019.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in the fall 2018. The renovations have closed Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options are available during this time.
- Disney’s Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019. Also, the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack Snack Bar, and Flying Fish Gameroom will be closed until July 31st.
- The Pepper Market at Disney’s Coronado Springs will be closed for refurbishment through summer of 2019. The Quick-Service restaurant will remain open.
- Tambu Lounge at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will close for refurbishment on July 4th for an undisclosed amount of time.
- Turf Club Bar and Grill at Disney’s Sarasota Springs will be under refurbishment from late July until early August.
- A small portion of Stormalong Bay Pool at Disney’s Beach Club will be closed from mid-August until the fall to make room for new cabanas. The rest of the pool area will remain open during this time.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in late fall 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this Week
Highs of 90°F / Lows of 75°F
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!