The search is on! Want to share your Disney trip planning know-how? Here’s how to be a planDisney Panelist.
You know the ABCs of ADRs and the difference between Disney Genie and Genie+. You’ve got a solid rope drop strategy and pretty strong opinions about which attraction to head to first. And if there’s something you don’t know, you’ll dive head first into research like Scrooge McDuck into a pile of coins.
Sounds like a gig with planDisney is perfect for you! Keep reading to find out how to be a planDisney Panelist.
What is planDisney?
If you have a question about Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, or Disney Vacation Club, visit planDisney.com for the answer. Panelists are passionate about all things Disney and help Guests like you maximize their Disney vacations. Send in your question via the planDisney website and you’ll receive a personalized response from a Panelist.
Are planDisney Panelists Disney Cast Members?
No. planDisney Panelists are not Disney Cast Members. They’re independent contractors. However, they do receive a reward trip to one Disney Destination for themselves and up to three other Guests for their participation as a planDisney Panelist.
Is planDisney The Same As The Disney Parks Moms Panel?
The Disney Parks Moms Panel rebranded as planDisney in 2020. Like planDisney, the Disney Parks Moms Panel was also a send a question, get an answer type of service. As the Disney Parks Blog put it, “new name, same great advice!”
What Makes A Good planDisney Panelist?
planDisney Panelists are a diverse group of passionate Disney trip planning experts. They’re moms, dads, grandparents, and adults without kids. They also speak different languages. (You can meet the 2022 Panel here.)
So what makes a good planDisney Panelist?
- Determination to share their knowledge and experience
- Passion for helping Guests plan their most magical vacation ever
- Research ability
- Excellent communication skills
What Type Of Questions Do planDisney Panelists Answer?
Wondering what types of questions are sent to planDisney Panelists? Here are some recently answered questions:
- “We are long-time DVC owners and are planning a vacation December 4-9. I cannot find a place on line where I can purchase a 4-day pass for each of us. Where should I be searching?”
- “If I buy a one-day one-park ticket for me, my husband and my daughter….are we able to leave the park during the day and re-enter the same day (say if we want to go nap her or leave her with relatives and come back adults only for fireworks later)?”
- “I will be booking my Disney dining reservations 60 days out, but was wondering what time I could start to book? Midnight on the morning of?”
- “Does the DCL provide beach blankets (different from towels) when going to Castaway Cay? Or only towels?”
- “Is it possible to renew your Magic Key pass after it expires for Disneyland?”
How to Be a planDisney Panelist In 2023
When Do planDisney Panelist Applications Open?
Ready to become part of the magic? The search for 2023 planDisney Panelists begins on September 7, 2022 at noon EST. The call for applications will close on September 13, 2022 at noon EST. To find out if you’re eligible to apply, visit planDisneySearch.com.
What’s The Application Process Like?
The application process includes three rounds:
- A series of short answer questions
- A brief video submission
- An interview
For application tips from real planDisney Panelists, watch the latest episode of the planDisney Podcast.
Study Up Before You Apply
If you’re interested in applying, there are some things you can do before the application window opens to make yourself a more attractive candidate.
Follow @planDisneypanel on Instagram to learn how to be a planDisney Panelist from people who’ve gone through the process