Disney Cruise Line has announced that all passengers age 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for departures beginning Jan. 13, 2022.
Following the recent news that the FDA has approved the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11, Disney Cruise Line has announced that its passengers must be fully vaccinated against the novel coronavirus for all departures beginning Jan. 13, 2022.
What You Need to Do to Board a Disney Cruise Line Ship Starting Jan. 13, 2022
Disney Cruise Line vaccination requirements specify that anyone 5 and older who plans to board a Disney Cruise Line ship after Jan. 13, 2022, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as the following:
- You have received a single-dose of an accepted 1-dose vaccine (i.e. Johnson & Johnson)
- You have received the second dose of an accepted 2-dose vaccine (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca)
- You have received the full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S.-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials.
- You have received the second dose of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines (administered at least 17 days apart).
In order to prove your vaccination status, you must upload proof of vaccination to the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics prior to your departure. Although it’s not required, it’s also recommended that you bring your proof of vaccination with you to the port just in case it’s needed.
You will not be eligible to board a Disney Cruise Line Ship if any of the following apply to you:
- You have only received one dose of the Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca vaccine.
- It’s been less than 14 days since you got your second dose of the Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca vaccine.
- You do not have proof of vaccination with you or have not uploaded proof of vaccination prior to sailing.
- You have not received any form of vaccination against COVID-19.
Passengers Under the Age of 5 Must Test Negative for COVID-19
Any Disney Cruise Line guests who are not eligible for vaccination because of their age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 and 24 hours prior to departure. The guest must pay for this test out of their own pocket. Only PCR and NAAT tests are acceptable; you cannot show a negative antigen test.
What Other Requirements Are There?
Regardless of vaccination status, all guests must take a COVID-19 test at the terminal before boarding. These tests will be paid for by Disney Cruise Line.
Additionally, any unvaccinated guest embarking on a cruise that lasts five nights or more must take an antigen test (paid for by DCL) the day prior to debarking.
What If You Want to Reschedule or Get a Refund?
If you decide to cancel your trip because of Disney Cruise Line vaccination requirements, you can do so by Dec. 1, 2021, and get a full refund. On Dec. 2 and onward, standard cancellation policies apply.
At the end of the day, the simplest choice is to get vaccinated so you can go on enjoying the finer things in life, like an unforgettable trip on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
Not sure if you’re going? You can just get more information about a potential Disney vacation.