Runners, it’s time to lace up your shoes and pick out your Disney-themed race attire! runDisney is coming back for another two years of fitness and fun.
Running enthusiasts and Disney fans, we’ve got great news: runDisney events are coming back for 2023 and 2024! Over the next two years, you’ll have the chance to join a number of fun races – and each will be bigger, better, and more Disney-filled than ever.
Never joined a race? runDisney events are nothing like your typical marathon or 5K. They’re way more fun, especially for Disney fans! With special Disney magic sprinkled in at every mile marker, you’ll be able to indulge your love of running and enjoy special entertainment, meet beloved characters, and join thousands of other Disney fans to run unique courses through Disney Parks.
And, of course, runDisney races are great for runners of every age and skill level. Whether you’re tackling your first race with your family or hitting the pavement for your annual marathon event, there’s no better way to do so than by charting a course around your favorite theme park or resort.
Here’s a look at what’s in store for runDisney fans in 2023 and 2024 (and yes, West Coast events are finally coming back!)
runDisney Favorites Return to Walt Disney World in 2023 and 2024
Longtime staples of runDisney are coming back to Walt Disney World in the years ahead. In 2023, you’ll have the chance to join the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, which takes place from November 2 to 5.
Kick off 2024 with a race, too! You can also sign up for the 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, which takes place January 3 to 7. The Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend is scheduled for the following month, from February 22 to 25, 2024. And from April 18 to 21, you can join the 2024 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend events.
Here’s a look at when registration will open for each of these magical races:
- 2023 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
- Club runDisney registration opens March 14, 2023
- General registration opens March 21, 2023
- Virtual event registration opens March 24, 2023
- 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
- Club runDisney registration opens April 4, 2023
- General registration opens April 11, 2023
- Virtual event registration opens April 14, 2023
- 2024 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend
- Club runDisney registration opens June 13, 2023
- General registration opens June 20, 2023
- Virtual event registration opens June 23, 2023
- 2024 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend
- Club runDisney registration opens August 15, 2023
- General registration opens August 22, 2023
- Virtual event registration opens August 25, 2023
We’ll update you with more details once Disney shares them about each race!
Join Virtual Races in Summer 2023
If you aren’t able to join any of the in-person races at Walt Disney World throughout 2023, good news: You can race right from home! The 2023 runDisney Virtual Series will take place from June to August of this year, allowing you to log the miles you run in your very own neighborhood – or anywhere else in the world and count them towards official events.
Whether you’re interested in giving a 5K a try or want to shoot for the full marathon, both will be available to Disney fans around the world. Registration for this year’s Virtual Series will open on April 25, 2023 online.
runDisney Races Will Finally Return to Disneyland Resort in 2024
It’s been quite a long time since runDisney hit the streets of Anaheim around Disneyland Resort – the last event took place in November 2017. But after a seven-year hiatus, races are finally coming home to the West Coast!
runDisney is returning to Disneyland for 2024, kicking off the fun with the 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. From January 11 to 14, Disney fans can participate in this fan-favorite event that includes three endurance events, a special challenge, and plenty of memorable moments.
Here are the details so you can get signed ASAP:
- 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend
- Club runDisney registration opens February 7, 2023
- General registration opens February 14, 2023
- Virtual event registration opens February 17, 2023
But that’s not all you can look forward to. As race weekends return to Disneyland Resort, another favorite is coming back, too: the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge. More information about this 2024 event will be unveiled in the weeks ahead, so keep an eye on runDisney.com to find out how to sign up and qualify.