Make your next Magic Kingdom trip the best it can be! We’re sharing the most thrilling rides, attractions, and more to visit in Magic Kingdom.
Want to experience all the thrills that Disney World has to offer? Each of the four parks features a variety of exciting attractions, entertainment, dining options, and merchandise, with each one offering its own unique take. Over in Magic Kingdom, you can experience thrills that include a journey into the Grid from TRON, a trip into a mine shaft with the Seven Dwarfs, and even an adventure into space! To help you better plan your trip, we’re sharing the biggest thrills you can experience right now in Magic Kingdom.
Attraction Thrills at Magic Kingdom
From family-friendly fun to full-on thrill rides, you can find it ALL in Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom has the most rides in it of any of the four Disney World parks, so there is a lot to choose from. We’re highlighting a few of the biggest thrills — including a brand-new attraction you won’t want to miss.
TRON / Lightcycle Run
Opening April 4, 2023, TRON Lightcycle / Run will be opening in Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom. The thrilling rollercoaster takes guests into the Grid from the TRON movies, bringing guests on a thrilling race that features twists, turns, and incredible visuals. You won’t want to miss this opportunity when it opens in the park! The ride will be available as both a virtual queue option, as well as a paid Individual Attraction Selection when it does open.
Also in Tomorrowland you’ll find one of the most popular coasters in Disney World — Space Mountain! Take a ride into space with this dark coaster, with its many drops, turns, and exhilarating moments. With stars projected all around you, you truly feel like you’re blasting off into space with this iconic roller coaster.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Another of the Magic Kingdom mountains, Big Thunder Mountain is the wildest ride in the wilderness! Located in Frontierland, the roller coaster takes you through an abandoned mine shaft along a thrilling track. Twists, turns, and high-speeds await you through the exhilarating ride. While the ride may be too intense for some, this ride can be a great thrill for the whole family.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Journey into the world of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in this family-friendly coaster! You’ll take a mine train into a mine shaft where you’ll encounter beautiful jewels — and the Seven Dwarfs! Featuring incredible views of Fantasyland, and a special peek at a scene from Snow White, this popular ride is one that will have you humming “Heigh-Ho” all day long.
Heading back over to Tomorrowland, you’ll find the classic Astro Orbiter. Upon entering the land, just look up and you’ll see this high-flying thrill ride spinning in the air! Each spaceship holds two passengers as you spin high up in the air, getting unparalleled views of Tomorrowland and the rest of Magic Kingdom.
Entertainment Thrills at Magic Kingdom
Not only does Magic Kingdom feature some of the most thrilling rides you can think of, it also boasts an absolutely incredible array of entertainment! Parades, fireworks, exciting interactive opportunities — you’ll find all of that and more in Magic Kingdom. Below are just a few highlights of the best entertainment you can find in the park.
Happily Ever After Fireworks (returning April 3, 2023)
Returning April 3, 2023, you will once again be able to take in Happily Ever After fireworks at Magic Kingdom. The fan-favorite show will be returning after it ended its original run in 2021, when Disney Enchantment took over for the 50th anniversary celebrations. The show features beloved Disney music and incredible projections on Cinderella Castle that you simply can’t miss.
Festival of Fantasy Parade
Magic Kingdom’s beloved Festival of Fantasy Parade features Disney characters from your favorite animated movies, along with dancing, floats, and even original music. The parade is performed daily, so make sure you get the chance to take it in from one of its many vantage points around the park.
Get ready to take a VERY interesting trip to the opera at Mickey’s Philharmagic in Fantasyland. The 3-D show takes place in a concert hall with a wide, 180-degree wraparound screen. Once the lights dim, Donald Duck puts on Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat to try and conduct the concert, and from there he experiences a variety of classic sequences from beloved Disney animated films. You’ll get to experience classic songs like “Be Our Guest” and “Part of Your World” like you never have before.
Meet Mickey at Town Square Theater
Head over to Town Square Theater to meet Mickey in his rehearsal room! Along with an exciting photo op with the iconic character, you’ll also get to view various props and posters from his storied career.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
If your little one has always wanted to be a real-life Disney character, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is the place to go. At the shop, Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices are on hand for royal transformations. Children can choose a hair style, makeup, nail polish, accessories, even a Disney costume as part of their makeover. Options include princess and knight packages, as well as a special Encanto-themed package for kids!
Merchandise Highlights at Magic Kingdom
The original Disney World park features tons of exciting merchandise for you to explore all across the park! Whether you want classic Minnie Ears, or a print from the Haunted Mansion, you can find it ALL in Magic Kingdom. We’re sharing just a few of the highlights for shops you can find in the park.
- The Emporium: The largest gift shop in Magic Kingdom, you can find almost any souvenir imaginable here!
- Crystal Arts: The incredibly unique shop sells beautiful porcelain gifts, crystal glassware, and Pavé crystal collectibles. You’ll also get the chance to watch daily live glassblowing demonstrations to see the talented artists make their art!
- Memento Mori: Fans of the Haunted Mansion won’t want to miss this spooky shop which sells a variety of different merchandise inspired by the 999 Happy Haunts.
- Main Street Confectionary: If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll want to be sure to stop by this iconic store on Main Street, U.S.A., modeled after and old-fashioned candy store.
- Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar: Located in Adventureland, the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop has all of your swashbuckling needs covered!
Food Highlights at Magic Kingdom
You won’t go hungry in Magic Kingdom, that’s for sure. There are tons of different food spots to enjoy — from table-sevice restaurants to quick snack spots. We’re sharing a few of our favorite highlights in Magic Kingdom, from classics to delicious bites you simply need to try!
- Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle: DOLE Pineapple Juice served with your choice of Pineapple DOLE Whip, Vanilla DOLE Whip, or a swirl
- Walking Taco from Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn and Cafe: Seasoned Ground Beef, Yellow Rice, Black Beans, Cheddar, Jalapeño, Tomato, Sour Cream, and Corn Chips served in a Bag
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle from Sleepy Hollow: Honey-Sriracha Glazed fried Chicken with Broccoli Slaw on a Waffle, served with House-made Chips
- LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern: Frozen Apple Juice with a hint of Toasted Marshmallow and topped with All-Natural Passion Fruit-Mango Foam
- Plant-Based Loaded Slaw Dog from Casey’s Corner: Plant-based “Sausage” topped with Pickled Slaw, Barbecue Vegan Aïoli, and Roasted Corn Relish served with French Fries or a Cuties® Mandarin
Thanks to Disney for hosting us on a 2-night #AllTheDisneyThrills Media Event where we were able to conduct interviews, learn about exciting updates at Walt Disney World, stay at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, and experience several dining and attraction offerings. #AllTheDisneyThrills