Entrées … assemble. Here’s why Worlds of Marvel on the Disney Wish is one of the coolest at-sea dining experiences ever.
WDW Magazine co-owners, Stephanie and Danny, as well as our Communications Director, Tatjana, and Social Media Coordinator, Aly, had the pleasure of dining at Worlds of Marvel as part of a Disney Wish media preview.
Keep reading for photos, the full menu, super-powered tips, and bite-sized reviews from our team members.
“Avengers: Quantum Encounter” At Worlds of Marvel on the Disney Wish
Quantum tech on a cruise ship … what could go wrong? Well, quite a bit as it turns out.
While diners enjoy their meal at Worlds of Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp are below deck conducting experiments using the latest technologies from Pym Tech. It’s all smooth sailing until Scott (aka Ant-Man) takes over.
Guests can watch the story unfold on big video screens (like the ones at Animator’s Palate) and participate in hands-on experiments using their table’s own quantum generator.
“Avengers: Quantum Encounter” at Worlds of Marvel on the Disney Wish features some familiar faces. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly reprise their roles as Ant-Man and the Wasp. Some other Avengers (and a villain!) make appearances too, but we won’t spoil who they are if you want to be surprised.
As part of the reimagined Disney’s Oceaneer Club, the events of “Avengers: Quantum Encounter” will connect to brand new youth activities on board the Disney Wish.
🦸♂️SUPER-POWERED TIP: Arrive on time. According to our Creative Director, Danny, “The pace of the service is very quick. The servers want to get you seated and take your order promptly so they can be out of the way when the show begins. This is not a meal to arrive late to.”
What If I’m Not Up-to-date With The Marvel Movies?
You don’t have to do your MCU homework to enjoy the “Avengers: Quantum Encounter” story. As Ant-Man, Paul Rudd handles the quippy dialogue with so much charm that even non-Marvel fans will be able to follow and laugh along with the story.
And if you are a Marvel superfan, the show has plenty of inside jokes and deeper references that reward longtime fandom.
🦸♀️SUPER-POWERED TIP: While you don’t need to be up-to-date with the Marvel movies to enjoy the show, you’ll probably get more out of the “Avengers: Quantum Encounter” dining experience if you’ve seen:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Avengers Age of Ultron
- Captain Marvel
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Ms. Marvel
The Atmosphere of Worlds of Marvel
The Worlds of Marvel on the Disney Wish dining room is all set up for a Pym Tech demonstration. The ambient neon lighting and reflective lighting give the entire restaurant a high-tech vibe.
“Very Stark-tech,” says our Creative Director, Danny. In fact, the ceiling of the check-in area has been designed to look like the Arc Reactor in Iron Man’s chest.
Worried about getting a “good” seat? Don’t be. There’s not a bad seat in the house. Since most of the story elements play out on big video screens, you’ll always be seated near one.
Tables are set with white linens with a subtle circuit board print, burgundy napkins, silver breadbasket, tall glassware, and low, smoked glass water cups. Our CEO, Stephanie, says her favorite details are the metal charger plate and cutlery stamped with the Avengers signature A.
Worlds of Marvel Main Menu
Ant-Man and the Wasp may be conducting some shrinking experiments below deck, but these dishes are all BIG on flavor. The Worlds of Mavel menu is inspired by locales (real and fictional) made famous by the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Take your tastebuds on a tour of Sokovia, Wakanda, and more. And, yes. They’re serving up authentic Avengers shawarma too!
Worlds of Marvel Appetizers
- Smoked Salmon: Minneola, English Cucumber, Crème Fraîche, Dill, Chive, Salmon Caviar
- Steamed Bao Buns: Seared Ginger Orange Pork Belly, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Pickled Daikon, Spring Onions, Mirin Soy Honey Glaze
🦸♀️ WDW Magazine Review: Our team says these Steamed Bao Buns were tasty, but could’ve used a bit more sauce.
- Hearts of Palm Ceviche: Tamarillo, Sweet Potato, Purple Onion, Lime, Cilantro, Bell Pepper, Infinity Stone Popcorn
🦸♀️ WDW Magazine Review: “Don’t sleep on the Hearts of Palm Ceviche,” says our CEO, Stephanie. She enjoyed her super flavorful and refreshing vegetarian take on the dish that usually contains fish.
- Crispy Breaded Fried Shrimp: White Cheddar and Corn Grits, Bell Peppers, Collard Greens, Smokehouse Barbecue Sauce
🦸♂️ WDW Magazine Review: Danny calls the Crispy Breaded Fried Shrimp appetizer “outstanding.” So much so, that he wishes he had ordered two of them! “A truly JUMBO shrimp on a bed of delicious grits.”
- Heirloom Tomato Salad: Escarole, Arugula, Purple Onion, Black Beans, Blue And Red Corn Chips, Parsley, Bearss Lime
- Iceberg Wedge: Candied Pecans, Smoked Bacon Lardons, Black And Globe Radish, Maytag Blue Cheese
From the Sokovian Kettle
- “Kartoffelsuppe”: Creamed Potato Soup, Carrots, Celery, Knockwurst, Thyme
- Cream of Porcini Mushroom Soup: Sour Cream, Red Beet, Lemon
- Marble Loaf: With Red Bell Pepper Dipping Sauce
Worlds of Marvel Entrées
- Berbere Spiced Pork Chop: Wakandan Vegetable Pilau, Pomegranate, Red Pepper Sauce, Rainbow Chard, Roasted Scallion
- Chicken Schnitzel: Panko-crusted Chicken Breast, Butter Sauteed Potatoes, Caramelized Onions, Long Green Beans, Lemon, Anchovy, Capers
- Seared Turbot Filet: Sweet Pea Purée, Roasted Heirloom Carrots, Romanesco, Pancetta, Tarragon Sandefjord Sauce
- Golden Mystic Pasta: Caramelized Scallops, Angel Hair, Chardonnay Lemon Saffron Cream, Roasted Vine Tomatoes, Savoy Spinach
🦸♀️ WDW Magazine Review: Tatjana and Danny say the Golden Mystic Pasta was good, but a bit overcooked. They felt it needed a touch more garlic or spice.
- Delmonico Rib-Eye Steak with Black Truffle Butter: Whipped Yukon Gold Potatoes, Green Asparagus, Cabernet Reduction
- Ricotta Gnocchi: Fontina Cheese, Caramelized Grape Tomato Confit, Broccoli Rabe, Arugula Pesto
- Shiitake and Tofu Udon: Udon Noodles, Baby Bok Choy, Tofu, Red Onions, Kombu, Enoki Mushrooms, Miso Shiitake Broth
- Lamb Shawarma Salad: Slow-roasted cumin spiced pulled Lamb Leg in mini Pitas, with Iceberg, Endive, Romaine Lettuce, Surnac Onions, Vine Tomatoes, Pickled Red Cabbage, Roasted Chickpeas, Cucumber and Lemon Yogurt Dressing
🦸♂️ WDW Magazine Review: The Lamb Shawarma Salad was the star of the Worlds of Marvel Entrées. Big on flavor, this Shwarma is the closest we have to an official Avengers food. (Remember THAT post-credits scene?).
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak: Served with Garden Vegetables, and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Slow-roasted Breast of Chicken: Served with Garden Vegetables, and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Oven-baked Fillet of Salmon: Served with Garden Vegetables, and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
Worlds of Marvel Desserts
- Subatomic Sticky Date Pudding: Salted Coconut Macaroon, Balsamic Caramel Glaze, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Quantum Key Lime Pie: Key Lime Curd, Raspberry Gel, Whipped Lime Ganache
- Nano Dobos Torta: Layered Cake, Rich Chocolate Truffle Cream, Caramel
- Cheesecake Byte: Fresh Berries, Strawberry Jelly, Whipped Cream
🦸♂️ WDW Magazine Review: Danny LOVED (all caps … that’s how much he LOVED it!) his strawberry Cheesecake Byte. According to our team’s server, this is the same cheesecake recipe you’ll find on other Disney Ships. A must for strawberry cheesecake lovers.
No Sugar Added Desserts
- Wakanda Flourless Chocolate Beetroot Cake: Chocolate Beetroot Cake, Pepper Crème, Milk Chocolate Soil
Ice Cream Sundae
- Pym Doughnut Sundae: Dulce de Leche Ice Cream, Pecan Brownie, Caramel Fudge Sauce, Chocolate Glazed Mini-Doughnut, Whipped Cream
🦸♀️ WDW Magazine Review: Danny says this specialty sundae is perfect for Instagram. So it’s pretty fitting that our Social Media Coordinator, Aly, loved every tasty bite. A+ for presentation.
BONUS: Chocolate Chip Cookies
You won’t find these tiny chocolate chip cookies on the menu. They’re a tie-in to the “Avengers: Quantum Encounter” story. Due to a quantum regulator malfunction, Ant-Man and the Wasp have created a GIANT chocolate chip and GIANT Mickey bar. The teeny-tiny, warm chocolate chip cookies served at your table are another (delicious) casualty of their experiments.
Worlds of Marvel Kid’s Menu
- Creamed Potato Soup: With Carrots and Celery
- Garden Salad: With your favorite choice of Dressing
- Crisp Chicken Tenders: With Ranch Dressing. Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- Mini Cheeseburger: On Brioche Bun. Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- Tomato & Mozzarella Pizza: Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- Baked Filet of Cod: Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
Disney Check Meals
- Whole-Wheat Spaghetti Pasta with Mega Turkey Meatball: With Marinara Sauce, Garden Salad, and Apple Slices. Served with choice of small Low Fat Milk or Water
- Barbecue-Glazed Chicken Breast: With Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges, Sweet Corn, and Fruit Salad. Served with choice of small Low Fat Milk or Water.
- Quantum Cupcake: Red Velvet Cake, Cream Cheese, Marvel Sprinkles
- Mickey Ice Cream Bar
- Selection of Assorted Ice Cream
Worlds of Marvel on the Disney Wish Review
Overall, our team says that Worlds of Marvel on the Disney Wish offers an extremely memorable and fun dining experience. The high-tech atmosphere, immersive show, ambient neon lighting, and Marvel Easter eggs were the stars of the dinner.
If you’re looking for authentic Avengers cuisine, you can’t go wrong with the Lamb Shawarma Salad. Like Thor’s hammer, the Pym Doughnut Sundae with Dulce de Leche ice cream is worthy … of a spot on your Instagram grid, that is.
Through sights and sounds, sips and savory dishes, Worlds of Marvel makes you feel as if you’ve stepped off the cruise ship and stepped into your own Marvel cinematic adventure.
For more Disney Wish coverage, check out the DCL Magazine Instagram and DCL Magazine Facebook page. Don’t forget to join the waiting list for DCL Magazine too!
Thanks to Disney for hosting us during the Christening Cruise of the Disney Wish. As part of a media preview we were able to enjoy a 3-night sailing, tour the facilities, speak with Imagineers and Cast Members who brought the ship to life, visit Castaway Cay, and enjoy many of the onboard offerings. #DisneyCruise #DisneyWish #DisneyChristening