This week in Walt Disney World News: Avatar brings Banshees and the Na’vi to life, say so-long to Wishes, and more!
Amazing Pandora Audio-Animatronic. Pandora – The World of AVATAR opens this month. Disney will undoubtedly be releasing more looks inside this new world at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. No matter if you are a fan of the film or not, it’s hard to deny the new Audio-Animatronic technology used in the the Na’vi Shaman of Songs, is incredible.
Cars 3 preview coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Lightning McQueen is back! Starting May 26th, you can see a sneak peek of the upcoming Cars 3 film at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The preview will be in the One Man’s Dream attraction and will feature artwork from the production. This will be a short-lived preview as the film opens in theaters on June 16th.
Say “so-long” to Wishes. In case you missed any of our previous announcements, the last showing of the nighttime spectacular Wishes at Magic Kingdom will be Thursday May 11th. On Friday May 12th, Happily Ever After will debut as the latest and greatest fireworks and projection display.
Adopt a Banshee. When Pandora – The World of AVATAR opens, you will be able to become the proud mom or dad to a banshee! The banshees come in ten different colors and have multiple movements and sounds. The interactive puppets will help keep the wonders of Pandora alive long after you have returned to earth. Adoption fees are $49.95 and you can be matched with your banshee at Windtraders inside Pandora.
Closings and Renovations – May
- The Hall of Presidents will be closed until June 29th to make room for the new president.
- Stitch’s Great Escape is a seasonal attraction. Check your park map or My Disney Experience for date specific openings.
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel will be closed until May 18th.
- Animal Hospital and Veterinary Treatment room at Rafiki’s Planet Watch will be closed until mid-June.
- The Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be closed until summer 2017.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through 2017.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will undergo refurbishments through late 2018.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW
Highs of 97°F / Lows of 59°F