This week in Walt Disney World News: make your own Avatar, new dining at Disney Springs, and Pandora’s new Fantasyland gift set!
You can become an Avatar! If visiting Pandora isn’t enough, now you can take home a little bit of another planet by becoming an Avatar Action figure. With a little digital magic, the scientists at Alpha Centauri Expedition, located inside of Windtraders, will use futuristic technology to create your human/Na’vi figurine. After customizing your Na’vi, it takes about 30 minutes to receive a completed figure. The cost is $74.99 and reservations must be made (on a first-come, first-served basis) at Windtraders. If that’s not enough, accessory sets can also be purchased for $14.99.
Disney Springs offers new Dining later this year! By the end of this year, Disney Springs will welcome three new dining locations. First, in the fall a new Italian restaurant will replace Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in The Landing near Paddlefish. The restaurant is currently closed while the refurbishment takes place. Later this year, Wine Bar George will open with over 100 wine selections and shareable plates. Finally, The Edison will open by the end of 2017 and feature American cuisine, craft drinks, and live entertainment. Even with three additions, Disney Springs isn’t finished its restaurant expansion. In 2018, Jaleo will open on the West Side and deliver a menu with a Spanish flair. Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill will also open sometime in 2018 in Town Center.
Fantasyland themed PANDORA jewelry now available. If you are a PANDORA fan (the jewelry, not the new land), you will love the new Fantasyland three-piece gift set. The set, which sells for $200, includes the Classic Carousel, Flying Dumbo dangle, and Alice’s Tea Cup. The set is available at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom, Mouse Gear at Epcot, and World of Disney in Disney Springs. It is also available at the Disney Store online.
Closings and Renovations – June
• The Hall of Presidents will be closed until June 29th to make room for the new president.
• Mission Space will be closed June 5th through July 28th.
• Animal Hospital and Veterinary Treatment room at Rafiki’s Planet Watch will be closed until mid-June.
• Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017.
• The Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be closed until summer 2017.
• Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through 2017.
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
• Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will undergo refurbishments through late 2018.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW
Highs of 89°F / Lows of 72°F