Here’s the latest on celebrity restaurants at Disney Springs – plus the all the updates on news, weather, and closings this week at WDW.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Guy Fieri stopped by Disney Springs recently for the grand opening of his new Quick Service Restaurant, Chicken Guy! The newest Disney Springs eatery features a variety of chicken, of course, along with salads and desserts. You’ll want to make sure you try one (or several) of the 22 house-made sauces while you’re there. Have you had the chance to visit yet? Be sure to stop by our Facebook community and let us know what you think!
The delicious food and thirst-quenching beverages are certainly the main reason to visit the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. But, you’ll want to pay attention to some really tempting merchandise too! There’s a really nice burgundy hue complementing many of the souvenirs this fall, and the cutest just might be the mouse ears. They have a simple elegance about them. If you’re looking more for functionality, you might find the mugs, bowls, and salt and pepper shakers irresistible. Be on the lookout for hats, shirts, and bags (including Dooney) along with limited edition pins.
Also returning this year to the Food & Wine Festival are the handy, wearable give cards that allow you to easily swipe then sample the tasty offerings throughout World Showcase. Chef Remy is the featured character available through three different designs. The gift cards must be activated with the minimum of $15 and can be reloaded. If you’re more of a traditional gift card type of person, and you know you will be purchasing a lot of food, consider splurging on the limited-release $250 gift card that comes with a special lanyard featuring Chef Mickey.
A new character has arrived at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and her name is Vampirina! She will be dancing the night away at Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, so head to Magic Kingdom if you want to see Vee!
Disney After Hours, a special ticketed event giving you extra hours at Magic Kingdom, has added more dates. New dates include December 3 and 10; January 7, 17, 24, and 28; February 7, 14, and 28, and March 7. Advanced tickets are $125 plus tax per person and tickets the day of are $129 plus tax. Purchasing a ticket allows you to ride over 25 attractions with minimal wait while sampling all of the Mickey’s Premium ice cream bars you can eat!
Since we’ve fallen quickly into September, Disney Springs is bringing you all of the fall tastes you can image! Over 14 restaurants (both table and quick service) are conjuring up some great comfort foods. YeSake is offering a Harvest Fresh Bowl with chicken, spinach, kale, cranberries, and a sweet Vidalia dressing. Enzo’s Hideaway has a Fall Harvest Soup created with roasted apple and winter squash. You won’t want to miss the Bavarian Roasted Pork Shanks tossed in an Oktoberfest beer sauce at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar. And this is just the tip of the WonderFall Flavors at Disney Springs! Make sure you stop by the Disney Springs Welcome Center for a booklet on all of the amazing treats. The event runs through November 6th.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments this Month
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed me.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- Disney Junior Live on Stage closed September 2 in prepare on for a new show, Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise will be closed through October 20, 2018.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimagined. A grand reopening will take place this fall.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort will be under a room refurbishment until some me in 2019.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until some me in fall 2018. The renovations have closed Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at
Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar, and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options
are available during this me.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019.
- The Pepper Market at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will be closed for refurbishment through summer of 2019. The Quick-Service restaurant will remain open.
- A small part of Stormalong Bay Pool at Disney’s Beach Club Resort will be closed until the fall to make room for new cabanas. The rest of the pool area will remain open during this me.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construc on at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in late fall 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this Week
Highs of 92°F / Lows of 75°F
Rain, sunny breaks.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!