Here’s the latest on the new Christmas dessert party – plus the all the updates on news, weather, and closings this week at WDW.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is back, and so is the dessert party. Christmas time at Disney is only a few short months away and Disney’s Hollywood Studios wants to make sure you can have a “flurry of fun.” The dessert party takes place in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard and includes holiday themed desserts (like cupcakes and a chocolate yule log) and specialty beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). There will also be a secret character meet and greet! Then you will be able to view Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! from a reserved VIP area. You can enjoy the dessert party nightly from November 6th until January 6th. Pricing for November 6th through December 22nd, and January 2-6 is $79 per adult and $45 for ages 3-9. From December 23rd until January 1st, pricing is $89 per adult and $49 ages 3-9.
If you’re looking for something spooktacularly irresistible, you’ve got to get yourself to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The Sanderson Sisters dominate the merch with a snowglobe, tote, mug, and various apparel. There’s party themed apparel too, including ears, t-shirts, and a limited edition MagicBand. Not enough? There are pins (including PassHolder exclusive), popcorn buckets, and more. So, get yourself to a party and grab up some ghoulish souvenirs before they disappear into the great beyond!
Halloween at Walt Disney World isn’t just about decorations and cool merchandise, it’s also about getting your hands on some mouth-watering treats! Some of the sweet snacks you will find throughout Magic Kingdom include a Not-So-Poison Apple Cupcake and a Halloween Cinnamon Roll at Main Street Bakery, a Minnie Witch Brownie at Casey’s Corner, and a Maleficent Dessert ice cream cone from Storybook Treats. There are other delicious desserts that are only available on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights including Pumpkin Cheesecake at Main Street Bakery, Hades Nachos at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café, and a Hitchhiking Ghost Dessert at Aloha Isle.
Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is 10 delicious days away; starting on August 30th and running through November 12th. While you are enjoying an overabundance of amazing food, don’t forget to experience some unique entertainment. Eat to the Beat Concert Series is back at America Gardens Theater. This year there are 32 different acts including Boys II Men, Tiffany, Kenny G. Some of the newest acts announced are Vertical Verizon, 98 Degrees, and MercyMe. There will be a Disney Du Jour Dance Party in Future World on the Fountain View Stage on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is about to get several new dining experiences. In a few short months, Sebastian’s Bistro, a table-service restaurant featuring Latin and Caribbean flavors, will open in replace of Shutters. Caribbean Beach is also getting a reimaged quick-service dining area, Centertown Market. This area will resemble an indoor street market and have a variety of dining as well as a Grab n’ Go area.
Disney Vacation Club has opened up shop, temporarily, in Disney Springs for some fun member merchandise. In the Marketplace Co-Op, you can find mugs, MagicBands, pins, and even new Dooney & Bourke designs. This limited-time shop is open until September 3rd.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments this Month
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant will close briefly from August 20–24.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise will be closed through October 20, 2018.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimaged. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies will be under a room refurbishment until sometime in 2019.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in the fall 2018. The renovations have closed Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar, and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options are available during this time.
- Disney’s Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019.
- The Pepper Market at Disney’s Coronado Springs will be closed for refurbishment through summer of 2019. The Quick-Service restaurant will remain open.
- Turf Club Bar and Grill at Disney’s Sarasota Springs will be under refurbishment until early August.
- A small portion of Stormalong Bay Pool at Disney’s Beach Club will be closed from mid-August until the fall to make room for new cabanas. The rest of the pool area will remain open during this time.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in late fall 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this Week
Highs of 92°F / Lows of 75°F
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!