Here’s what you need to know about Star Wars: Galactic Nights, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Reach for the sky! Woody’s Lunch Box is coming! This Quick-Service location is bound to be a rootin’ tootin’ good time with old-fashioned soda floats and portable fare. Andy’s lunchbox provides the backdrop for this fun addition to Toy Story Land. We can’t wait to see what else is coming when this new area opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer, 2018.
Star Wars: Galactic Nights is back! This extra-ticketed event starts December 16th at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There are a variety of options and add-ons to really personalize the event including a chance to tempt your taste buds on out-of-this-world dishes such as Shrimp and Chorizo Skewer, Tatooine Bisque, and even a Lightsaber churro. There are beverages, ice-cream, and more.
The SpectacuLAB, an interactive show will debut this November in Innoventions at Epcot. Real scientists will lead guests through several experiments while incorporating humor and principles of science. It’s great to see science returning to Epcot!
Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back for a second year. In addition to seminars and workshops and food studios, returning this year is the Disney on Broadway Dining Package. It comes with a meal at an Epcot restaurant and priority seating for the concert. The price of the package is based on the restaurant selected. The select dates are expected to fill up, so book as soon as you can. The Festival of the Arts runs from January 12 – February 19th.
Disney is now offering Annual Passholders the opportunity to reserve seating at several Eat to the Beat Concerts. Through November 13th, Passholders should visit the Annual Passholder location inside the Festival Center at Future World to get a badge for a select performance. This is limited to a first-come first-served.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in November
- Splash Mountain will be closed until November 16th.
- Hall of Presidents will remain closed and reopen in late 2017.
- Blizzard Beach is under annual refurbishment and will be closed through January 7th 2018.
- Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf is closed until November 11th.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017. It is also receiving a name change, Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Chef Mickey’s will be undergoing refurbishment from November 28th until December 17th. However, the dining experience will be relocated to the Contemporary Convention Center.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through early 2018.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 83°F / Lows of 46°F
Sunny, partial cloud
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!