Here’s the latest on a special meal offer for 2018 trips, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
The Summer Meal Offer is back on the table at Walt Disney World and it won’t last long! What’s the deal? Each person age 3 and up receives one Quick Service meal per night. This can’t be combined with any other offer so if a room discount is announced, you will have to decide which is the better offer. (This is where a good travel agent comes in. The folks at Destinations to Travel will run all the numbers for you!) The offer is good most nights from May 29th through August 25th, and excludes some rooms like The Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. You have to book by February 11th and rooms are limited, so time is ticking! Click here to get a free quote!
The new Star Wars Virtual Reality experience is now open in Disney Springs. Officially called Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, guests are able to become part of the Star Wars universe in a way they’ve never experienced before. Groups of four act as undercover stormtroopers to gather information for the rebellion. Tickets are available on the Void’s website through February 14th and time frames are available in 15-minute increments. Tickets are currently $29.95 per person and participants must be at least 10 years old and 48” tall. If you are a big Star Wars fan, this might be the closest thing to being a part of the action that you will ever experience.
Disney Springs has just welcomed another incredible Italian restaurant experience multiplied by three; Maria & Enzo’s, Enzo’s Hideaway, and Pizza Ponte. At this time, the Disney Dining Plan is not being accepted, but don’t let this deter you. The menus, filled with amazing pasta entrees and desserts, will keep you coming back for more.
If you have been toying with the idea of becoming a Disney Vacation Club member and you are a frequent runDisney participant, the sweetest deal of the century might peak your interest. DVC is now offering a special membership that will provide members who are runners a guaranteed week at Copper Creek during a runDisney event. Plus, members will also have the opportunity to book up to 5 race entries in advance each year! There is probably a lot of small print you need to look into, but if you are thinking about DVC and you are a frequent runDisney participant, you might want to take a closer look.
Catch a sneak peak of Disney’s next feature film, “A Wrinkle in Time.” This sci-fi adventure is set to open in March, but if you are visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios, soon you will be able to see special previews from the new film. Be sure to visit Walt Disney Presents and check it out! (While you are there, be sure to see the Toy Story Land model on display!)
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in January
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment starting January 8th until an undisclosed time.o Splash Mountain will be closed from January 8th until February 1st.
- Kali River Rapids will be closed from January 2nd until February 10th.o Flights of Wonder is now closed to make room for a new attraction opening this spring.
- Blizzard Beach is under annual refurbishment and will be closed through January 7th 2018.o Typhoon Lagoon will be under annual refurbishment from January 7th until March 18th.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian.o Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through early 2018.
- Samawati Springs Pool at Animal Kingdom’s Kidani Village will be under refurbishment early January to mid-January.
- High Rock Spring Pool at Saratoga Springs will be under refurbishment from early January to mid-January.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.o Meadow Swimmin’ Pool at Fort Wilderness will undergo refurbishment from late January until early February.
- Duck Pond Pool at All Star Movies will be under refurbishment January 2nd until sometime this spring.
- Big Blue Pool at Art of Animation will undergo refurbishment from mid-January until a time to be determined.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 79°F / Lows of 42°F
Partial cloud, rain.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!