Updated 12/15/20 the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue has been updated once more!
Despite lower crowd levels at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests have still struggled to get in the virtual queue for the newest ride at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. In light of this, Disney has announced procedure changes for the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue!
In order to support physical distancing measures, Disney had to lower the number of people allowed in the virtual queue at a time. Therefore, in spite of lower crowd levels in the park, the virtual queue still filled up quickly.
You Don’t Have to Be In the Park
- Starting November 3rd, 2020, guests can get a Boarding Pass at 7:00 AM on their Hollywood Studios day.
As if Disney hadn’t invented enough reasons for us to get up early! Now Rise of the Resistance hopefuls don’t need to be in the park to frantically grab a boarding pass.
Guests must already have a valid Park Pass for Disney’s Hollywood Studios on the day that they want a Boarding Pass for Rise of the Resistance.
Guests can now sleepily try for a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Pass from the comfort of their resort room bed.
The Afternoon Queue Continues
The 2:00 PM afternoon Boarding Passes has CHANGED.
Beginning Sunday, Dec. 20, our distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
This Boarding Pass opportunity must still be accessed by guests inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Details
Guests must have a Disney Park Pass reservation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on the particular day they’d like to join the virtual queue.
As before, guests will join the queue through the My Disney Experience app.
How to Use the Virtual Queue:
- Log in to the My Disney Experience app at one of the specified times—7:00 AM or 1:00 PM.
- Select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue,” which will be on your home screen. The next steps will appear on your screen.
- If there is no room left during the time you have selected, the app will let you know. You might have the option to join a backup group.
- One person from each party can enroll all other guests in their party at the same time. Your My Disney Experience account must be linked to their park tickets to enroll them.
- Each guest can only enter the virtual queue once per day.
After you’ve joined the virtual queue:
- Turn on push notifications for the app, and it will let you know if your boarding group is called.
- Once your group is alerted, you will have up to an hour to go to the entrance of Rise of the Resistance.
Rise of the Resistance Boarding Pass Tips
- Get ready before 7:00 AM if you want to grab that morning Boarding Pass. The competition will be stiff and passes will likely disappear in seconds!
- While you’re waiting for your boarding group to be called, the app will display an estimated return time. However, this time is not exact and may change throughout the day, so check the app often.
- Tip boards around the park will show what boarding groups have been called to ride Rise of the Resistance.
- Successfully joining the virtual queue does not guarantee you and your party will ride Rise of the Resistance.
If you’re struggling with the virtual queue, or have any questions, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations around the park will be able to help you.
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest Disney news? Subscribe to our newsletter today!