You might not be thinking about the beach right now. Maybe because it’s Fall and the weather is a bit chiller, pumpkin spice is everywhere and you’re secretly counting down the days until you can decorate for Christmas. Or, maybe you just hate sand.
Or maybe you are thinking about the beach because the weather is cooler, pumpkin spice is everywhere and you’re wondering what happened to the margaritas and the sunshine and why it’s so dark and dreary, and I am right there with you.
WINTER VS. SUMMER
Whichever side of the Winter vs. Summer debate you land on, one thing is for certain, it is NEVER too early to start planning for your next Walt Disney World vacation.
Like most of us, those plans were canceled or delayed and with the recent opening of fall 2021 reservations, we’ve got some planning to do. And this trip, you need to find time to experience one or both of Walt Disney World’s amazing water parks.
WALT DISNEY WORLD WATER PARKS
If you’re like me you promised yourself that you’d relax during your vacation. Take at least one day to sit by the pool just to enjoy the Florida sunshine.
However, you’re also the person who after about an hour of relaxing on a lounge chair realizes that they don’t know how to relax and they need to go somewhere and do something.
Let me tell you why the water parks are PERFECT for relaxation and play – the most excellent combination for vacationers like us.
Ways to relax:
- White sand beach complete with lounge chairs. Can’t you just feel the sunshine?
- Polar Patios are available to rent and include towels, locker, refillable drink mugs, comfy chairs, and ice water on a private shaded deck.
- A 3,000-foot long lazy river called Cross Country Creek has the perfect amount of shade and sunshine. Total chill vibe.
Ways to play:
- Freefall waterslide, Mount Gushmore has one of the world’s fastest and tallest (maybe even craziest) water thrill rides called Summit Plummet!
- 50-feet down, plummeting through the darkness all while racing the person next to you on an inner tube! That’s the Downhill Double Dipper!
- Teamboat Springs rafting adventure! Six people pile on a raft for an incredible ride down a long and extra wide water slide!
Ways to relax:
- Dole Whip at Leaning Palms – with or without rum! Dark and coconut rums are available.
- For an additional charge, you can rent a Beachcomber Shack and have your own private shaded area with the same benefits as the Polar Patios at Blizzard Beach.
- Drift along the lazy river in an inner tube and enjoy the scenic float! Castaway Creek is a 2,000-foot long relaxing water ride.
Ways to play:
- Typhoon Lagoon is home to the largest wave pool in North America – Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool! Six-foot waves make body surfing a breeze!
- Humunga Kowabunga is a 5-story, almost completely vertical drop, enclosed body (no raft) water slide.
- Take a white water raft for a spin down a mountain! Gang Plank Falls is fun for the whole family!
IS IT WORTH THE EXTRA COST?
Yes! When you reach out to Destinations To Travel, have your travel agent price out the tickets for you. It’s less expensive than you’d think!
Water parks are perfect for arrival and departure days as well as a mid-trip rest and relaxation day. Once you’ve priced out your Park Hopper and compared it to the Park Hopper Plus I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much more bang you get for your buck.
PARK HOPPER PLUS TICKETS
Park Hopper Plus tickets are back beginning March 7, 2021! This upgrade not only allows you to hop between the four major theme parks but adds on even more fun with entry to:
- Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
- Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course
- Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course
DESTINATIONS TO TRAVEL
Ticket options for Disney water parks can be confusing! Just remember that Destinations To Travel is here to help you along the way.
When you book with Destinations To Travel we will plan your vacation for FREE and quotes are always free with NO OBLIGATION to book.