In 2001, Disney joined together two different resorts, Port Orleans and Dixie Landings, to make the largest resort on property: Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. Even though it’s huge, Port Orleans still encompasses a quaint feeling as you enjoy the beauty of and tranquility of the Deep South in the heart of Disney World. Here are five reasons why Port Orleans is best moderate resort.
- It is the most romantic moderate! The paths at Port Orleans Riverside are lined with gas lamps and are dimly lit during the evening. This makes for a wonderfully romantic stroll around the largest resort on Disney property. The French Quarter is complete with Magnolia blossoms and wrought iron railings. Take a romantic walk along the beautiful Sassagoula River’s walking path or book an old-fashioned horse-drawn carriage ride for an extra special romantic treat!
- You can take a boat to Disney Springs! This is a great way to travel quickly to and from the best shopping and dining area on Disney property. Along with boat transportation, you have access to a marina! Rent a watercraft for a ride on the Sassagoula River, rent a bicycle for a scenic ride, or grab a cane pole and try a little fishing.
- You get Deluxe décor at a moderate price! Value resorts only have a double bed. Once you hit the moderates, you upgrade to queen! It might not feel like a big difference, but after a long day at the parks you will appreciate it. Feel even more regal by booking one of the Royal Guest rooms that are definitely fit for a queen (or king). The swimming pools feature waterslides and a spa- both of which you can get at a deluxe hotel. You don’t have to pay deluxe to enjoy deluxe amenities!
- There are outstanding dining opportunities! Riverside Mill Food Court features a working mill water wheel and has a beautiful view. There are a variety of food stations to choose from. Although Boatwright’s is only open for dinner, it has a scrumptious selection featuring Cajun cuisine, steaks, and seafood.
- Entertainment is available on property! River Roost Lounge is THE place to be at Port Orleans Riverside. Yehaa Bob is talented and fun. Make sure you grab a cocktail and appetizer because you won’t be going anywhere for a while. This might be the best reason to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. French Quarter has wonderful entertainment as well as it is the home to Scat Cat’s Club. You can’t go wrong with live southern jazz music.
If you want a little more than what a Value Resort offers, but don’t feel comfortable paying for a Deluxe Resort hotel, you will definitely want to give Port Orleans a try.
For more on the Port Orleans Riverside Resort, check out our April issue!