Last week, we attended the very first Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom! Here’s a photo recap of what you can experience at this new event.
Villains After Hours is the newest addition to the Disney After Hours line-up! You can expect the same awesome perks as the standard Disney After Hours events—low crowds, unlimited snacks, short wait times—plus special entertainment, food, and merchandise that you can only find at Villains After Hours!
Before we get started, we would like to thank Disney for inviting us to experience this exclusive event so we could bring you this inside look!
Villains After Hours Overview
Villains After Hours takes place on select nights this summer at Magic Kingdom. Click here to see the list of current event dates and times.
With this ticket, you are able to check-in and enjoy the park as early as 7pm. If you purchase tickets in advance, the price is $139 per person (plus tax). At the gate, tickets are $144 per person (plus tax). If you are an Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club member, tickets are $109 per person (plus tax). You can purchase tickets online, through the Disney reservation center, or at the gate.
A limited number of tickets are available, so we’d suggest purchasing in advance so you can secure your spot and save a few bucks in the process. If you wish to enjoy the parks before 7pm, you will need to purchase regular daytime admission in addition to your Villains After Hours event ticket.
Bottled beverages, popcorn, and ice cream are included with your admission. You can stop by any of the snack carts throughout the park as many times as you want throughout the night.
Specialty food and beverages items are available for purchase during the event.
Specialty Food & Beverage
- Dr. Facilier’s Tarot Card Tart, Sleepy Hollow – chocolate tart filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter mousse and a white chocolate tarot card
- Dragon’s Breath Float, Storybook Treats – lemon soft-serve and sprite topped with a green cherry and cherry-flavored syrup
- Intergalactic Noodles, Cool Ship – chilled noodle salad with snap peas, red onion, and sweet garlic chili sauce
- Headless Horseman Novelty Straw, Liberty Square Popcorn Cart
- Hades Temptation, Tortuga Tavern – purple frozen mocktail “Cosmo” with lemonade, violet monin syrup, and a gummy worm
- Hades Nachos, Tortuga Tavern – black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken and nacho cheese
- A Drink from The Other Side, Sleepy Hollow – a non-alcoholic Hurricane-like drink themed after one of the most popular drinks in New Orleans
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake, Main Street Bakery – a spiced “apple” cupcake with pecan crunch and buttercream
- Maleficent Cone, Storybook Treats – lime soft-serve topped with chocolate horns and purple sprinkles served in a black waffle cone
Exclusive & Villains-themed Merchandise
Exclusive Villains After Hours merchandise will only be available during the event while supplies last.
Villains-themed merchandise is available at merchandise shops all across Walt Disney World, including mugs, accessories, apparel, and more!
Decor & Photo Ops
Throughout the park, you’ll find spooky lighting, themed projections, and exclusive photo ops!
Special Ride Overlays
Guests can experience Villains-inspired additions to Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain!
Watch as live pirates take over Pirates of the Caribbean, and experience Space Mountain in complete darkness with a wicked soundtrack.
Maleficent Roams the Streets
This is by far one of the biggest draws to the event!
Maleficent makes her way down Main Street every single day in the Festival of Fantasy Parade, but there’s just something special about seeing her roam the streets at night. Colorful lighting and an upbeat soundtrack bring this experience to the next level.
Villains Unite the Night
Villains After Hours is the only Disney After Hours event to feature a special stage show.
In Villains Unite the Night, Megara and Hades from “Hercules” take the stage, accompanied by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier, and Maleficent. This show is high-energy with a great soundtrack, incredible Castle projections, and exciting pyrotechnics. Definitely a highlight of the event!
A Special Goodbye
When the event ends, there’s still one more special surprise! As you make your way to the park exit, be sure to look up at the Main Street Train Station balcony. You might just be greeted—or… heckled—by a few familiar faces!
Check out our other Disney After Hours blog posts:
Don’t miss our Villains After Hours article coming up in a future issue of WDW Magazine!