Here’s the latest on the opening date for Toy Story Land – plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
The announcement we’ve all been waiting for arrived in a nice little package on Friday – the opening date of Toy Story Land! Slinky Dog himself paraded down the streets of New York City to reveal the opening date on Good Morning America! Drum roll, please…. Toy Story Land is opening on June 30th, 2018! The 11-acre land will allow guests to feel what it’s like to be a toy in Andy’s backyard. Reach for the sky!
Disney Springs has grown yet again as it welcomed a new retail location last week. The Disney Corner is a two-story, princess filled shopping extravaganza! The shop features toys, gifts, accessories, and apparel. Located in the Town Center, you will want to visit this location soon, it’s only open for a limited time!
Protect your phone and grab an exclusive castle OtterBox at Walt Disney World Resort. The cute case is clear and slim. Currently it is only available for iPhone users, android users are out of luck for now.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open in 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The attraction will feature a brand-new theme song and will feature 3-D technology, without the use of 3-D glasses! The premise behind the attraction is a cartoon short featuring Mickey Mouse that transforms to allow guests to “step into the movie.” The innovative technology that Disney will be using should make this a unique addition to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
When it opens in Epcot sometime before 2021, the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction will be one of the world’s longest indoor roller coasters. The attraction will be family friendly and feature an original story line as only Disney can tell. They even plan on creating a ground-breaking ride system that will knock your socks off (although, that system is still hush-hush, so we’ll have to take Disney’s word for it.)
Not only are we breathlessly anticipating the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge sometime in 2019, but Disney has recently seasoned that sweet pot by announcing more details for their Star Wars themed hotel that is in the works. Touted as “unlike anything that exists today,” the hotel will be an immersive experience that currently only happens in movies and dreams. The hotel will connect seamlessly to the new park area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and will take guests on the Star Wars adventure of a lifetime as they board a starship for an unforgettable journey through “space.” Anyone else ready to join this mission?
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in February
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Yo ho! Pirates of the Caribbean will close from February 26th until March 18th.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table will close briefly from February 28th until March 2nd.
- The American Adventure in Epcot will be closed until early February.
- The Circle of Life in the Land Pavilion closed on February 4th.
- Finding Nemo: The Musical will close on February 4th. The reopen date has not yet been announced.
- Flights of Wonder is now closed to make room for a new attraction opening this spring.
- Typhoon Lagoon will be under annual refurbishment from January 7th until March 18th.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through early 2018.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.
- Duck Pond Pool at All Star Movies will be under refurbishment until sometime this spring.
- Calypso Pool at All Star Music will be closed late February through early March.
- Big Blue Pool at Art of Animation will undergo refurbishment until a time to be determined.
- Bowling Pin Pool at Pop Century will be closed late February through May.
- Lava Pool at Polynesian Village Resort will be closed February 1st -28th.
- Copper Creek Springs Pool at Wilderness Lodge will be closed mid to late February.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of June 30, 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 8°F / Lows of 64°F
Sun, partial cloud.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!