Here’s the latest on Limited Edition MagicBands – plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Are you someone that likes the selection of the solid colors of MagicBands that you get by staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel? Or are you someone who likes to up their MagicBand game and get a cool design? If you’re the latter, you’re in luck; three new MagicBand designs are about to make their way into your life. Starting today on ShopDisney.com, you can spice up your wardrobe with a Purple Wall MagicBand. On March 12th, a new grey Star Wars MagicBand will be available online and will be in stores March 16th. Finally, a brown MagicBand with a limited edition of 2,000 will be sold only at Disney’s Animal Kingdom starting March 21st to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the park.
The 25th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is back! This year, the merchandise that accompanies this colorful event is fun and festive. Figment found his way onto many of the products including a mug, tumbler, shirts, and even a MagicBand. Mickey and Minnie also make an appearance on apparel and accessories. A fan favorite is sure to be the Dooney & Bourke handbags that bloom with springtime prints. Some products are only available at the Festival; which might be reason number 25 to attend!
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in March
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Yo ho! Pirates of the Caribbean is closed until March 18th.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table is closed until March 2nd.
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- Finding Nemo: The Musical is currently closed. The reopen date has not yet been announced.
- Flights of Wonder is now closed to make room for UP! A Great Bird Adventure, opening April 22nd.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimagined. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Typhoon Lagoon will be under annual refurbishment until March 18th.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort is undergoing room refurbishments until May 2018.
- Duck Pond Pool at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort will be under refurbishment until sometime this spring.
- Calypso Pool at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort will be closed through early March.
- Bowling Pin Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be closed late February through May.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an opening of June 30, 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 83°F / Lows of 43°F
Sun, partial cloud.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!