Adventures by Disney is introducing new destinations in 2024. Among them is Colombia, the country that served as inspiration for the story and setting of Encanto.
As we get further into 2023, Disney has started making announcements on what’s to come in the year ahead — all the way out to 2024. Adventures by Disney provides guided family vacations to both domestic and international destinations provided by Disney. We’ve seen itineraries for destinations around the globe, and now we have three more that have been added for 2024!
New Adventures By Disney Destinations in 2024
Starting on May 12th, 2023, people can book three new destinations: Colombia, Nova Scotia, and New Zealand. Itineraries for each of the destinations will include Disney-guided tours of some of the biggest highlights from these beautiful spots.
Colombia: Bogota, the Coffee Region, Cocora Valley, and Cartagena
Starting in 2024, guests can head to Colombia, which served as inspiration for Disney’s Encanto. Nancy Schumacher, senior vice president and general manager of Adventures by Disney, had this to say about the new destination:
“At Adventures by Disney we take families to destinations they want to visit around the globe and make it easy to immerse themselves in new places, cultures and experiences. We are excited to include Colombia in our 2024 lineup, as this country has been an inspiration for Disney stories that are loved the world over. I’m proud of our team for thoughtfully crafting an authentic travel experience that celebrates this incredible destination.”
The eight-day, seven-night itinerary includes a few of these highlights:
- Privately guided tours of the Paloquemao Market and Historic City Center in the capital city of Bogota
- Visiting a coffee farm in the Coffee Region to see the process of growing and harvesting coffee beans. The nearby town of Salento was part of the inspiration for the setting of Encanto.
- Experience an arepa-making class
- Play the country’s national sport of tejo
- Explore the city of Cartagena
- Trek the dry forest near Proyecto Titi
- Snorkel among the Rosario Islands, a collection of 27-islands that are home to more than 1,300 species of marine animals.
Additionally, each travel party on the inaugural Colombia trip will receive a signed lithograph of never-before-released artwork from Walt Disney Animation Studios that served as an early concept for the new door of Casa Madrigal revealed at the end of Encanto.
Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
Colombia isn’t the only new destination! Adventures by Disney 2024 will also have a new eight-day, seven-night itinerary to enjoy Canada’s Atlantic coast and Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. A few highlights from the itinerary include:
- Visit a maple syrup farm in Nova Scotia
- Discover teh Wood Island Lighthouse
- Explore Avonlea Village
- Learn about the indigenous Mi’kmaq Peoples during a visit to the Millbrook Cultural Heritage Centre
- Enjoy outdoor activities and walk the low-tide ocean flor at the Bay of Fundy
Another new Adventures by Disney 2024 destination is New Zealand, which will include a 12-day, 11-night itinerary to take guests around the cities and small towns of the country. A few of the trip highlights include::
- Participate in the America’s Cup Experience in Auckland
- Share an authentic Hangi dinner with a local family to experience Maori culture
- Visit and underground cave and discover thousands of glow worms
- Tour the National Kiwi Hatchery
- Visit geysers at the Te Puia Geothermal Park
- Travel via the TranzAlpine Train upwards into the Southern Alps
These new destinations can be booked for Adventures by Disney starting on May 12, 2023. You can learn more about the options and itineraries at the Adventures by Disney website.