Here’s the latest on new additions to Toy Story Land – plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Speaking of Toy Story Land, the new merchandise is too cute to resist! The traditional Mickey Ears have taken a new twist. You can get a Slinky or Alien headband that is out of this world! Of course, there will also be shirts, toys, and a slew of other goodies yet to be revealed. Stay tuned!
Two baby zebras were recently welcomed at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Born April 26th and May 1st, the foals are still backstage with their moms getting used to new life at Disney. The babies are Grevy’s zebras, a species which only has a population of about 2,500 in the world. A distinct feature of the Grevy’s zebra is that the stomach and the area near the tail do not have stripes. Eventually the zebras will make their onstage debut on the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail, so be on the lookout!
Toy Story Land is moving right along towards the grand opening on June 30th. Wheezy was recently added to Slinky Dog Dash. He is exclusive to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Wheezy will serenade you with “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” at the end of the ride. Also, recently revealed is the march of Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps. They will parade through Toy Story Land throughout the day. An image for the ride vehicles for Alien Swirling Saucers was also released. They are very colorful and fun, with an alien at the helm!
Are you headed to Walt Disney World this summer to experience the all-new Toy Story Land? Well, if you’re staying on property, you’re in luck. Disney’s Hollywood Studios has Extra Magic Hours every day in July and August. Yes, EVERY day!
The “Guardians of the Galaxy” attraction at EPCOT is underway. They have poured the foundation for the attraction, which is expected to be complete by 2021. If you’ve missed any of our past updates on the attraction, it will be one of the longest indoor coasters in the world! The ride system is expected to be innovative and will truly be a unique ride to experience.
Next year, the Star Wars runDisney weekend at Walt Disney World will have a new theme. This time runners will be able to choose which side they are running for in Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. Which side of the Force are you on? Be sure to pick before the official race weekend April 4-7, 2019.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in May
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- Toy Story Mania will not have FastPasses available from April 9th through May 7th in preparation for the opening of Toy Story Land.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimaged. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019. Also, the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack Snack Bar, and Flying Fish Gameroom will be closed until July 31st.
- Duck Pond Pool at All Star Movies will be under refurbishment until sometime this spring.
- Bowling Pin Pool at Disney’s Pop Century will be closed through May.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an opening of June 30, 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 93°F / Lows of 66°F
Sun, partial cloud.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!