Here’s what you need to know about the new addition to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Who can’t wait for all the much-anticipated Star Wars experiences to arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? You don’t have to wait too long for the next addition. Star Tours is adding a new adventure! Be prepared to visit the planet of Crait, part of the latest Star Wars film The Last Jedi. The new sequence is expected to be added to the attraction on November 17th.
Get your shopping fix at Disney Springs with four new retailers. Give a warm welcome to Bowes Signature Soy Candles (100% natural soy wax), Swings N’ Things (hammocks and porch swings), Savannah Bee (all types of honey products), and rinse bath & body co (natural beauty products). There are now certainly enough retail locations to count as an all-day adventure.
Disney is continually adding new Magic Shots to their PhotoPass locations, which truly temps guests into purchasing Memory Maker. Now you can pose for a picture with an extra-large Mickey Ice-Cream Bar or Dole Whip. We’d all be in trouble if they reflected the actual size!
Get ready to up your mouse-ear game with incredible new additions coming soon! New headbands will be filled with sequins, interchangeable bows, and holiday-themed designs. Now you will be able to have a different headband with every outfit! Go ahead and show off your Disney Side.
The NBA Experience is coming to Disney Springs in 2019. There will be interactive games, a retail location, and restaurant. This new attraction is being build where the former Disney Quest once stood. Are you excited or think Disney missed the mark?
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in October
- Splash Mountain will be closed until November 16th.o Hall of Presidents will remain closed and reopen in late 2017.
- Blizzard Beach begins annual refurbishment on October 29th and will be closed through January 7th 2018.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through early 2018.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 87°F / Lows of 54°F
Cloudy, sunny breaks, chance of rain and thunderstorms
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!