Hope you’re feeling good and hungry today, because Disney just dumped a whole bunch of tasty news on your plate. That includes a heaping helping of news for the ongoing 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and the grand reopening of three popular buffets around Walt Disney World.
In short, here’s a taste of what Disney announced on Friday:
- An early opening for seven booths at EPCOT Food & Wine Festival
- Reopening dates for three buffets at Walt Disney World
- The return date for Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom
- Dockside Diner reopening Aug. 22
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery reopening Aug. 29
Thanks to readers like you, we’re able to keep our site free of disrupting ads. Please consider subscribing to our print edition if you’d like to support us directly, and feel free to sign up for our free newsletter so you never miss out on the latest at Walt Disney World!
All EPCOT Food & Wine Booths Now Open
Have you been putting off visiting the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival until the last slate of booths open up on Oct. 1? You may want to adjust your plans—Disney’s Festival Team jumped the gun and opened the last seven marketplaces on Aug. 15.
That’s right—all of the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine booths are now open for business. Just to refresh your memory, these are the seven booths that opened earlier this month:
So if you’ve been hankering for some Spanish-style Paella, Madras Red Curry, or Truffle Macaroni and Cheese, it’s time to get down to EPCOT and fill up.
Buffets, Restaurants Reopening Around Walt Disney World
The next several weeks will also mark the relaunch of some key eateries around Walt Disney World Resort.
Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge reopened on Friday, Aug. 20. If you’ve never visited this awesome buffet dining experience, you’ve absolutely got to try the turkey bobotie for breakfast or the African-spiced strip loin at dinnertime.
Also open for business again is the Nine Dragons Restaurant at the China pavilion in EPCOT. Nine Dragons is serving up dinner Tuesday through Saturday, offering favorites like Crispy Duck Bao Buns and Spicy Honey Crispy Chicken.
This Sunday, Aug. 22, Dockside Diner pulls up the anchor once again at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Not only that, but the menu will sport five new awesome offerings.
- Shrimp Salad Roll
- Shrimp, arugula, tomatoes, pickled shaved fennel, and sliced radish tossed with rémoulade sauce on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Chipotle Chicken Salad Roll
- Roasted pulled chicken salad with red onions, celery, tomatoes, and watercress tossed with chipotle aioli and topped with fried onions on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Smoked Fish Dip
- Served with seasoned house-made chips, celery, carrots, jalapeños, and pickles
- Seaside Brownie
- Chocolate brownie topped with white chocolate ganache and seaside garnish
- Blue Sea Margarita
- Tequila, blue Curaçao, and sweet-and-sour mix
Cinderella’s Royal Table, Biergarten Restaurant Opening Later This Month
In a week’s time, you’ll be able to once more enjoy breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Reservations open up on Aug. 24 ahead of Royal Table’s Aug. 27 relaunch date.
WDW will also see two big reopenings on Aug. 29. Animal Kingdom’s Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery opens its doors again, and it’s bringing a new trio of tasty treats.
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies
- Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aioli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich
- Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog
- A spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aioli served with house-made chips
Also on Aug. 29, just in time for Oktoberfest, the Biergarten Restaurant at EPCOT’s German pavilion will reopen for lunch and dinner. Get a fistful or schnitzel or oodles of apple strudels.
The Crystal Place at Magic Kingdom will reopen its buffet on Sept. 12. Make room for Parker Rolls as well as the fire-roasted prime rib.
If you’re heading out to Walt Disney World over the next few weeks, whether it’s to hit EPCOT Food & Wine Festival or try one of the buffets reopening soon, you’d better have your appetite along for the ride.
Are you visiting the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival soon? Visit our Facebook page and give us the rundown of your itinerary.