Going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2022? Find out how to make the most of your party time and ticket price as soon as you hit the gate.
Imagine this… you’re walking down Main Street U.S.A. as it’s snowing and you smell amazing scents of cookies all around. You don’t need to imagine it! You can live it at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
The Christmas Party of the Year, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) has returned for the first time since 2019! Last year, Disney introduced the altered, Very Merry After Hours Event that featured similar offerings.
We recently attended Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and have all the details and tips you need to know before attending to make the most of your evening! Join us as we uncover the magic of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in 2022.
MVMCP 2022 Dates and Ticket Prices
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party occurs on select nights in November and December.
Ticket Prices by Date
|MVMCP Date||Age 10+ Ticket Price||Age 3-9 Ticket Price|
|Tuesday, November 8||$159||$149|
|Thursday, November 10||$149||$139|
|Friday, November 11||$159||$149|
|Monday, November 14||$149||$139|
|Tuesday, November 15||$149||$139|
|Thursday, November 17||$149||$139|
|Friday, November 18||$159||$149|
|Sunday, November 20||$179||$169|
|Tuesday, November 22||$179||$169|
|Sunday, November 27||$169||$159|
|Tuesday, November 29||$169||$159|
|Thursday, December 1||$169||$159|
|Friday, December 2||$169||$159|
|Sunday, December 4||$169||$159|
|Tuesday, December 6||$169||$159|
|Thursday, December 8||$169||$159|
|Friday, December 9||$179||$169|
|Sunday, December 11||$179||$169|
|Tuesday, December 13||$179||$169|
|Thursday, December 15||$179||$179|
|Friday, December 16||$179||$169|
|Sunday, December 18||$179||$169|
|Tuesday, December 20||$199||$189|
|Thursday, December 22||$199||$189|
As of reporting on November 22, 2022, all party dates are sold out. These are the dates for the 2022 Christmas Party.
🎅 Pro Tip:
Here’s our tip for MVMCP tickets and prices:
- Remember if you are a DVC Member or an Annual Passholder, you can receive $10 off the price of your ticket. Just make sure to purchase the tickets through your account that has the DVC or Annual Passholder status linked.
- While every night of the party is currently sold out, you can always try to go to Magic Kingdom guest services before the event to see if they have any extra tickets. Sometimes people will cancel or they will release more tickets. It doesn’t hurt to give it a try.
MVMCP 2022 Arrival Information
Arrival Time and Park Reservations
If you are visiting Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in 2022, you can enter Magic Kingdom Park at 4:00 pm through the kiosks labeled “Event Entrance,” with your MVMCP ticket. You do not need to make a park reservation for the day.
🎅 Pro Tip:
Here’s our tip for arriving at MVMCP and if you need a park reservation:
- You don’t need to purchase another park day ticket on the day of your Christmas Party. Save the money on a park ticket for the day and do some resort hopping around the monorail resorts. It’s a fun way to set the tone for the holidays and is free to do!
- If you can, try to arrive at Magic Kingdom between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Guests not attending the party are required to exit between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm, so arriving early means you miss the departure rush.
Since there is an overlap between when party guests can arrive and when Magic Kingdom closes to other guests, you need a wristband to identify that you are there to party!
This is important as Cast Members will ask you to show them your wristband at certain checkpoints starting at 6pm. You’ll find Cast Members at most of the land entrances and exits, such as near The Diamond Horseshoe where Liberty Square becomes Frontierland. We saw quite a few guests trying to sneak through the checkpoints but Cast Members did ask them to exit.
There are various areas where you can receive your wristband. These include:
- At the Park Entrance (When You Enter Magic Kingdom after 4:00 pm)
- Inside the Chamber of Commerce Building on Main Street U.S.A.
- Near the Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor
- Outside Mickey’s Philharmagic
- At the Guest Relations Window in Liberty Square
- Near the Tortuga Tavern
🎅 Pro Tips for Wristbands:
- If you enter Magic Kingdom park starting at 4pm, you can and should receive your wristband at the entrance of the park. You will then be escorted to the right of Main Street U.S.A. to receive some more goodies which we will discuss later.
- If you spent the day in Magic Kingdom and arrived before 4pm, which means you were already in the park, you should head to one of the other locations listed above. Do not head back to the main entrance since there will be a rush of people in and out which might get hectic. We recommend you visit the sites near the Tortuga Tavern or outside Mickey’s Philharmagic since they are further into the park.
50th Anniversary Additions
The Most Magical Celebration on Earth combines with the Most Wonderful Time of the Year to provide some of the best souvenirs you’ll get at the Christmas Party.
Guests attending MVMCP in 2022, will receive a special, complimentary 50th Anniversary Ornament, complete with the date and the event name. Another special souvenir you will receive is a 50th Anniversary Commemorative Holiday Print, when you leave. Remember, these prints are only distributed upon exiting the party.
If you are anything like us, we love a good PhotoPass opportunity and Disney has quite a few in honor of the 50th Anniversary. Throughout the park, you will find fun, giant animated scenes for Christmas complete with the 50th Anniversary logo. These are called Step-In Photo frames and you can find all of the locations on the map, which include one on Main Street, one in Tomorrowland, and one in Adventureland.
🎅 Pro Tips for Getting 50th Souvenirs:
- The 50th Anniversary Ornament is only available at the start of the Christmas Party, before 8:00 pm. Make sure you do not forget to pick up your ornament as it’s such a special souvenir. Luckily, these are compact so they shouldn’t be too much of a burden to carry around the party.
- The lines for the Step-In Frames are quite long at the start of the event. Our tip is to wait until around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. We were able to pretty much walk-up to the Disney and Friends Step-In Frame on Main Street during one of the stage shows.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
One of the entertainment options not to be missed is Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. It is a sensory overload in the best way possible thanks to the yummy smell of gingerbread, Clarabelle’s Cooking, and Vanellope’s sweets. Plus, you’ll see your favorite characters and the man himself, Santa!
The parade occurs two times during the event, at 8:30 pm and 11:00 pm. The parade route begins in Frontierland (in the cutout by Splash Mountain) and goes through Liberty Square to the Plaza of CInderella’s Castle and down Main Street U.S.A. where it then circles the Town Square and ends in the cutout by Harmony Barber Shop.
🎅 Pro Tips for Parade Viewing:
- Keep in mind that the parade will begin at 8:30 pm and 11:00 pm from Frontierland so if you have a spot over by the Train Station on Main Street you probably will be waiting an additional 20 minutes on top of those start times.
- Prime viewing is usually on Main Street U.S.A. or near the castle so show up early to these areas to get the best spot.
- If waiting around isn’t on the list of things to do, head to the area between Frontierland and Liberty Square. We snagged a front-row spot on the parade route in this area 20 minutes before the first parade and there were still plenty of spots available at that time.
- Usually, the first showing is more crowded and the second showing is recommended for fewer crowds. But, be careful if there is inclement weather in the area later in the evening as they will cancel parades if the weather takes a turn.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
Head to the party of the holidays thrown by the very best hosts, Mickey and Minnie! Join them and their pals as they sing holiday favorites and celebrate in the very best way! Be on the lookout for Donald, Daisy, Woody, Jessie, Peter Pan, and even the Three Caballeros. Plus, you won’t want to miss Clarabelle Cow singing her heart out to “All I Want for Christmas,” taking a page from Mariah Carey herself.
The show takes place four times during the event at 7:40 pm, 9:25 pm, 10:35 pm and 11:55 pm. The show happens on the stage at Cinderella’s Castle. Keep in mind that this show is subject to delays or cancellations due to inclement weather. During the party we attended, it was a perfect night in terms of weather and the first show ended up being delayed.
🎅 Pro Tips for Stage Show Views:
- Since this show happens 4x during the night, we would recommend catching a later show rather than the first one. The 10:35 pm show is a pretty good option as most people leave the Main Street U.S.A. area after the fireworks. We snagged a spot for this showing by the hub and had a great view but there were other spots closer that were available as well.
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
Hosted by Minnie Mouse herself, this fireworks show features lots of your favorite holiday songs that perfectly combine with the fireworks spectacular and castle projections.
This fireworks show only happens once per event at 10:00 pm. There are options for viewing events that can be purchased such as the Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace and the viewing spots at the Plaza Viewing area. Keep in mind these do require an extra charge on top of your party ticket.
🎅 Pro Tips for Fireworks Viewing:
- If you are keen on watching the fireworks from Main Street with a view of the castle and the projections, then we advise you get to Main Street early. There’s only one viewing of this show so everyone is going to want to catch it on Main Street. A good spot on Main Street to watch is from the spot in front of the Crystal Palace. You can see the whole castle plus the fireworks.
- If you can skip the castle projections and just want to see the fireworks, we recommend the bridge from Main Street to Liberty Square, which offers a great fireworks view and a little bit of a projections view.
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Break out your best dance moves with Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, and Mike Wazowski as they celebrate a Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. Joining the host, Haley Comet, dancers and Stitch, Buzz and Mike dance and sing along to Christmas favorites. Plus, you’ll hear stories about Zurg, and Stitch and hear jokes from Mike.
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas takes place at 7:45 pm, 8:35 pm, 9:25 pm, 10:45 pm, and 11:35 pm at the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
🎅 Pro Tips for Tomorrowland Christmas:
- Since the stage is over in Tomorrowland and is in a smaller area, you can get a pretty good view of the stage from anywhere around.
- A fun way to get a quick view of a Totally Tomorrowland Christmas is to ride the Peoplemover during the show where you will get a bird’s eye view of the show.
Get your dancing shoes ready to dance the night away with Santa’s crew! Elves, Reindeer, and other festive friends dance the night away at the Club that keeps on rocking.
Club Tinsel is open between 7:00 pm and 12:00 am at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
🎅 Pro Tips for Club Tinsel:
- Club Tinsel is a dance club for both adults and children but it is very much a kid-friendly dance club. If you want to avoid the large crowds or too many children in one spot, visit either at the very beginning of the event, during the fireworks or at the very end. These times tend to be less crowded at certain entertainment spots.
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam
Get in the holiday spirit and dance the night away with your favorite Disney Junior characters. This event is primarily focused on younger children who want to dance with Doc McStuffins, Fancy Nancy, and Vampirina.
The Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam takes place between 7:00 pm and 12:00 am in the back of Storybook Circus near Big Top Treats.
🎅 Pro Tips for Jingle Jam:
- From our experience, the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam was less crowded around the time of the fireworks. While you would be missing the fireworks during this time, if you have small children and this is a priority, you should definitely head there during that time.
In addition to these scheduled events, you can also find other happenings around the park such as the Country Bears in Christmas outfits in Frontierland and performers singing Christmas tunes.
Party Exclusive Snacks
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is home to not only amazing entertainment but also some delicious snacks.
Located at specific locations throughout Magic Kingdom, you can find some yummy festival treats that will put you in the holiday spirit. To see a full list and photos of the treats available, click here.
Sugar Plum Shake
Over at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies, this shake features spiced sugar plum soft-serve topped with cherry syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles. You can pick this treat up for $8.49.
Christmas Tree Cake
Red velvet brownie cheesecake is paired with eggnog buttercream and spiced caramel topped with mini sugar Christmas lights in this yummy Christmas treat. You can find this snack over at Casey’s Corner for $5.89
Once Upon a Christmastime Tart
Immerse yourself in the holiday season with this chocolate and cranberry tart with chocolate Mickey ears that is extremely festive. You can pick this up at the Sunshine Tree Terrace for $6.49.
Complimentary Cookies & Drinks
One major part of the party is the exclusive cookies and drinks that you can pick up at different locations. They are indicated on the map and you can find them around the park with an illuminated inflatable candy cane marker. Here is where and what types of cookies you can pick up.
- Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)- Sugar Cookies and Eggnog
- The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)- Sugar Cookies and Apple Cider
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)- Allergy Friendly
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Tomorrowland)- Snickerdoodle Cookies and Hot Cocoa
- Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)- Frosted Gingerbread Cookies and Hot Cocoa
- Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Hot Cocoa
🎅 Pro Tips for MVMCP Snacks:
- In terms of the treats available at the party, the carts on Main Street seemed to be extra crowded so try to head to one of the carts or locations further into the park.
- In terms of the Complimentary Cookies and Drinks, the location that was the most crowded was Columbia Harbor House. Take our tip and head to either the Lunching Pad or the Pinocchio Village Haus since those locations didn’t have long lines and if they did, they went fast.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not only filled with entertainment and treats but also some amazing character greetings.
Below are just some of the character greetings you need to check out. For a full list, refer to the party map and look for the green Mickey’s. Plus, you can find your favorite characters during Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.
- Town Square Theater
- Mickey, Jack Skellington, and Sally
- Liberty Square
- Santa Claus
- Rapunzel and Flynn, Ariel and Prince Eric, Snow White and Prince, Pooh, and Eeyore
- Storybook Circus
- Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Scrooge McDuck
- Adventureland and Frontierland
- Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine, and the Country Bears
🎅 Pro Tips for Character Greetings:
- Some characters are harder to meet than others. If you are keen on meeting Santa Claus or Jack and Sally during the party, you should line up before the party begins at around 6:00 pm.
- During our party, we visited Donald, Scrooge McDuck, Daisy, and Minnie and only waited 25 minutes, which included a break for Donald and Scrooge. We visited during the fireworks so if that’s not a must-do for you, use that time to meet some of your favorite characters.
Shorter wait times for attractions are a draw for guests visiting MVMCP. The best part is that you can ride your favorite rides with a holiday twist.
Here are the rides that have holiday attraction overlays at MVMCP:
- Space Mountain features Christmas tunes and lighting and becomes Space Mountain- Holiday Run.
- The Tomorrowland Speedway features special decorations and has an overlay called “Race through the Holidays.”
- Your favorite monsters also get in on the holiday fun at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.
- The Mad Tea Party breaks out its Christmas finest with holiday lights that illuminate the ride.
- One of the most popular ride overlays is the Jingle Cruise.
🎅 Pro Tip for Ride Overlays:
- Since these are party-exclusive overlays, you should definitely prioritize the above rides over others during the party. Use the time during entertainment when people are over on Main Street U.S.A. to have less of a wait.
Exclusive PhotoPass Opportunities
We mentioned PhotoPass earlier and the special 50th anniversary shots you can get, but those aren’t the only special holiday shots you can get. Located on Main Street and in the surrounding lands, you can get special Magic Shots that make a unique commemorative souvenir.
MVMCP 2022 Map
To have a game plan ahead of time, take a look at the map and determine what rides, photos, events, and snacks you want to prioritize.
We know figuring out a game plan is hard with so much to do, so we’re showing you our itinerary so that you can see how you want to plan your visit and make the most of your time.
3:30 pm- 4:30 pm: Eat Dinner outside of the Park (Dinner at ‘Ohana)
4:30 pm- 6:00 pm: Enter Magic Kingdom Park, Receive your Wristband and Ornament
6:00 pm- 7:00 pm: Free Time (Take a walk around MK and see what you’d like to do)
7:00 pm- 8:00 pm: Try Some Snacks, Ride Some Rides and Take Some Holiday Photos
8:00 pm- 8:30 pm: Find a Parade Viewing Spot
8:30 pm- 9:00 pm: Watch Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
9:00 pm- 10:00 pm: Try Some Snacks, Ride Some Rides and Take Some Holiday Photos
10:00 pm- 10:15 pm: Watch Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show or Meet Characters
10:15 pm- 10:35 pm: Try Some Snacks and Take Some Holiday Photos
10:35 pm- 11:00 pm: Watch Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
11:00 pm- 12:00 pm: Catch the Snoap, Try any last Minute Snacks, Take the Photos
🎅Make the Most of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Try to eat before entering Magic Kingdom earlier in the day. It will make you hungry for treats once the party kicks off and it will let you optimize your party time.
- At some point during the party, head to Main Street U.S.A. to see the “Snoap” fall. It is actually the most magical thing!
- Have fun! It’s literally a Christmas Party at the Most Magical Place on Earth! Try to plan but if you don’t do something or want to change your plans around, go for it! You will have the best time anyway!
Do you have any questions we didn’t mention in this post? Let us know on Instagram and we’ll be happy to answer them for you! Have a Happy Holidays!