Here’s what you need to know about how to see Jingle Bell Jingle BAM at home, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Set your alarm for 7:55pm this evening to catch a Disney Parks LIVE broadcast of “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Set against the backdrop of The Chinese Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the elves from “Prep & Landing” host this holiday spectacular. If you can’t get to the parks to experience the celebration, this will be the next best way to enjoy this festive projection show.
Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Madness returns in 2018. This is the chance for DVC members to enjoy a series of private parties at select Disney theme parks. The special events kick off in January at Magic Kingdom, followed by Disney’s Animal Kingdom in March, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon in May, Epcot in July, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in September. Each park has 2-3 available dates (some spanning over several months). Who’s already booking a vacation for these events?
Speaking of DVC special events, Disney Vacation Club members will have the chance to meet Disney Legend Kurt Russell on December 10th at Epcot. Before he narrates the Candlelight Processional, Mr. Russell will spend approximately 45 minutes speaking to 60 lucky DVC members about filmmaking and winemaking. This extra event is $125 per person and includes priority seating for the 5 p.m. performance of the Candlelight Processional.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in December
- Hall of Presidents will remain closed and reopen in late 2017.
- Blizzard Beach is under annual refurbishment and will be closed through January 7th
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017. It is also receiving a name change, Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Chef Mickey’s will be undergoing refurbishment from November 28th until December 17th. However, the dining experience will be relocated to the Contemporary Convention Center.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through early 2018.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 83°F / Lows of 45°F
Partial cloud, some showers.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!