Here’s what you need to know about the return of Jingle Bell Jingle BAM to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Disney PhotoPass Day Schedule Available! Disney PhotoPass Day is coming up soon on August 19th. Disney recently released the available photo opportunities for exclusive characters and Magic Shots. You don’t want to miss the chance to meet Genie in the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot, a Poison Apple Magic Shot at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, or the opportunity to pose with Cinderella’s Coach in Fantasyland. Check out the Disney Parks Blog for the complete list of amazing photo events. If you don’t have Memory Maker, you can purchase a one-day PhotoPass for $59.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Joins Mobile Order. There are now 12 Quick Service Restaurants available to pre-order through the My Disney Experience App. The latest restaurant to join is the Backlot Express at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You can also pre-order at the following Quick Service locations:
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café, Pinocchio Village Haus
Epcot: Electric Umbrella, Liberty Inn
Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu’li Canteen
Disney Springs: D-Luxe Burger
Keep in mind, currently you must use a credit card to order through the My Disney Experience App. Dining plans are not accepted at this time.
Disney Separating from Netflix! Disney is ending its relationship with Netflix. Disney is pulling its content to start its own streaming service in 2019. Are you excited about this change?
One Man’s Dream is Getting Reimagined. One Man’s Dream will soon become Walt Disney Presents, but don’t worry you will still be able to see many of the items from Walt Disney history. However, it’s getting a wonderful new preview center. Here you will get the chance to see models and concept art for Toy Story Land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and even Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction.
Direct from Santa’s Village…
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM Returns! The holiday season just got a little brighter with the return of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The best part is, the dessert party is also back! They will have pretzel bread and cheese fondue, pumpkin pie, ice cream, and chocolate mousse along with specialty cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks. The price is tiered by dates, $79 for adults or $45 for kids ages 3-9 from November 9 through December 15th and $89 for adults and $49 for kids from December 17th through 31st.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in August
- Splash Mountain will be closed from August 28th until November 16th.
- Hall of Presidents will remainclosed and reopen in late 2017.
- Seas with Nemo & Friends will be closed from August 27th through 30th.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017.
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Café is expected to close August 1st.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through 2017.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will undergo refurbishments through late 2018.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 93°F / Lows of 76°F
Rain, Partial Sun, Thunderstorms
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!