Here’s the latest on the Incredible Summer celebrations – plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
The Incredible Summer has kicked off at Walt Disney World and there’s so many exciting things to see and do! First stop: Magic Kingdom and the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo. Celebrate with your favorite Incredibles characters, including Edna Mode. Next, stop by Disney’s Animal Kingdom to dance the night away at Donald’s Dino-Bash! You can also meet Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, Daisy and Donald in DinoLand U.S.A.
Want some more INCREDIBLE news? Magic Kingdom will feature some Incredibles inspired food this summer. This sounds like a ton of delicious superpowers! Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café has added a Super Foods Salad (with kale, spinach, quinoa, avocado, blueberries, and pico de gallo) and the Super Stretchy Burger (grilled angus topped with fried mozzarella sticks, American cheese, bacon, and garlic ranch sauce.)
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodie’s has enhanced their menu with Edna Mode’s “No Capes, Just Crêpes.” The bottom layer of this incredible sundae features a chocolate-hazelnut crêpe topped with ice cream and berries followed by a blackberry lavender jam crêpe topped with ice cream and fruit-flavored cereal.
If you are looking for a snack that’s not as extravagant, just head to a snack cart in Tomorrowland for a Frozone SnoCone that’s blue raspberry flavored. Finally, to satisfy your salty tooth, The Lunching Pad has an Incredible Pretzel Mask to add a new twist to your pretzel eating experience. Make sure you take a picture “wearing” it before you eat it.
Opening season has been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! The new themed land will open in the summer of 2019 at Disneyland Resort and in late fall 2019 at Walt Disney World Resort. Although construction progress on this new land has indicated they are behind schedule, it seems as though Disney may have missed taking advantage of their summer attendance with this later opening. They also missed being able to open on May the fourth. Are you excited for this announcement, or do you wish the opening was earlier?
Be ready to delight in the sights and sounds of Christmas! (Yes, we know it isn’t even summer yet.) Epcot International Festival of the Holidays begins November 18th and runs through December 30th. The Candlelight Processional will open for the first time in history on Thanksgiving (November 22nd) and run through December 30th. The narrators for this year’s event haven’t been announced yet, but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as they become available.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in May
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimagined. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2019. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019. Also, the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack Snack Bar, and Flying Fish Gameroom will be closed until July 31st.
- Duck Pond Pool at All Star Movies will be under refurbishment until sometime this spring.
- Bowling Pin Pool at Disney’s Pop Century will be closed through May.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an opening of June 30, 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 89°F / Lows of 73°F
Rain, thunder showers.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!