Roundup Rodeo, the newest restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is opening in March 2023 – and we’ve got your first look at the mouthwatering menu.
Barbecue fans, I hope you’re planning to be hungry the next time you visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Roundup Rodeo, the brand-new Toy Story themed restaurant inside the theme park, is set to open its doors on March 23, 2023. And Disney just released a look at the entire menu, giving us a preview of the delicious, saucy, and standout dishes, drinks, and sides that you’ll be able to enjoy.
Roundup Rodeo, which is designed as a rodeo arena created by Andy with his favorite toys, games, and playsets, you can step inside and act like an honorary toy in Andy’s backyard. And while you’re there, you’ll have the chance to dig into some seriously good food. From house-smoked meats to satisfying side dishes to sweet desserts and even cocktails, this western-themed restaurant is sure to become a family fave.
What’s on the menu? Here’s a look at what you can order when you visit Roundup Rodeo BBQ.
Roundup Rodeo Starters and Salads
Your meal begins with a batch of Prospector’s Homemade Cheddar Biscuits, which are paired with a sweet pepper jelly. These deliciously cheesy biscuits are so tempting, it’ll be hard not to go all in on them ahead of your main dish!
There’s also a selection of salads to choose from, including options that are entirely plant-based for vegetarian and vegan Guests:
- Tomato Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled red onions tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with fresh dill (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad: Romaine and kale mixed with green apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries tossed with green goddess dressing
- Watermelon Salad: Cubed watermelon garnished with freshly torn mint leaves (plant-based)
A Selection of Smoked Meats and Plant-Based Entreés
Next up are the dishes that make up the heart of any meal at Roundup Rodeo BBQ – the in-house smoked meats! The choices include plenty of barbecue classics, like:
- Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs: Fall-off-the-bone pork ribs, slow-cooked for hours in our onsite smokehouse
- Buttercup’s Beef Brisket: Hand-sliced beef brisket, smoked then slow-cooked to juicy perfection
- There’s a Sausage in My Boot: Spiced pork sausage fire-grilled over live oak to give it an added kick
- BBQ Chicken – with Style! Chicken brined for 48 hours, rubbed with our secret backyard BBQ spice and smoked to tender juiciness
While these main dishes are meant for meat-eaters, there’s also a selection of options available for those who want to keep their meal plant-based. You can opt for any of these savory plant-based offerings if you’d like (all available upon request):
- Slow-smoked Cauliflower topped with sweet harissa drizzle and crunchy walnut gremolata
- Oven-roasted “Bratwurst” that is tender and juicy, sliced to perfection
- Impossible “Rib Chop” seasoned with spices, then roasted and glazed with sweet BBQ sauce and skewered on a sugar cane “bone”
All of your entreés, whether meat or plant-based, come with an assortment of different BBQ sauces ranging from sweet to traditional to spicy.
Sides for the Whole Table
You and your fellow honorary toys can choose four side dishes for your table – and there’s a wide-ranging selection of barbecue faves! From staples like slaw and baked beans to extra-filling options like mac and cheese or potatoes, you can enhance your meal with any of the following:
- The Married Spuds: Loaded potato barrels drizzled with green goddess dressing, cheese sauce, and seasoned BBQ spices
- Force Field Fried Pickles: Jumbo pickle spears coated with a dill-flavored breading and fried to perfection
- Slinky Doooooooooog Mac & Cheese: Spiral pasta in a creamy house-made cheese sauce topped with crumbled cheddar crackers
- Buckin’ Baked Beans: A traditional BBQ picnic favorite (plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob: Grilled and seasoned with a chili-lime spice blend, cilantro, cotija cheese, and lime juice
- Mean Old Potato Salad: Homestyle with red-skinned potatoes
- Veggie Slaw: Crunchy shredded veggie slaw that is a summertime favorite! (plant-based)
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables: A variety of roasted seasonal vegetables (plant-based)
Finish with Some Sweet Treats for Dessert
If you’d like to add something sweet to round out your meal at Roundup Rodeo BBQ, you’ll have an array of perfectly-portioned desserts that are all inspired by barbecue picnic classics. Of course, many have Toy Story twists to them so toys of all ages will enjoy digging in!
Choose from a selection of the following options for a dessert the whole table can enjoy:
- Cupcake à la Forky: Forky is up to something sweet! A classic chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate ganache center topped with velvety graham cracker buttercream and a sugar cookie
- Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake: An iconic creamy dessert that balances the tanginess of the cheesecake with the natural sweetness of blueberries and lemon
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie: Layers of graham cracker crust and silky chocolate mousse topped with chantilly cream
- Goat’s Apple Pie: A picnic classic! Tart apples and warm pie spices balance perfectly with the creamy sweet filling under a crumble crust
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie: With its silky sweet peaches and tartness of strawberries, this dessert is a fruit-centric delight! (plant-based)
Roundup Rodeo Drinks
Want to enhance your barbecue with something sweet, tart, or extra-special? You’ll find an assortment of craft cocktails and nonalcoholic beverages (including mocktails!) to pair with any of the sides, entreés, and desserts you choose throughout the meal.
If you’re looking for a grown-up cocktail, here’s a selection of boozy beverages you can consider:
- Snake Eye Margarita: Inspired by a summertime BBQ featuring watermelon, smoke, and a bit of spice!
- Rum Punch: Rum punch with vibrant flavors of passion fruit and pineapple finished with a smoky spiced garnish
- Chocolate with a Grown-up Twist: A blend of chocolate rum, horchata liqueur, cocoa, and flavors of toasted marshmallow
- Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly: A fun frozen twist on the classic peanut butter & jelly featuring peanut butter whiskey
- Whiskey Lemonade: A fresh take on a strawberry lemonade made with Tennessee whiskey and Italian bitter aperitif
- The Rodeo Mule: A classic “patio sipper,” this mule mixes vodka with fresh juices and ginger beer
You can also order from a selection of beer, hard cider, and wines by the glass.
For those in search of a nonalcoholic drink, these sips are total treats you can add to the meal for kids or adults:
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea: A frosty concoction with iced tea and citrus flavors
- Frozen Cocoa: A frozen blend of cocoa and vanilla topped with miniature marshmallows
- Partysaurus Tex: Strawberry lemonade is even more fun when you garnish it with gummy worms!
Ready to give Roundup Rodeo BBQ a try? When this new dining spot opens on March 23, 2023 it’ll be available for advance dining reservations. You’ll be able to book your own reservations soon – keep an eye on the My Disney Experience app to snag one once they become available!