When FastPasses first came out, I really wasn’t sure what to make of them. I really liked the regular way of standing in line. It seemed fair, I didn’t have to plan, and I knew what to expect. Once I got used to the FastPass system, I found that I really liked feeling like a VIP when I got to pass the “regular” people waiting in the standby queue. It couldn’t get any better.
Then it did.
FastPass+ is one of my favorite technological upgrades that Disney has developed. Here are 5 reasons why FastPass+ is WAY better than regular old FastPass.
- You have control. With regular FastPass, you were given whatever time the little machine spit out. Then you had to plan your entire day around when you needed to return to the line. With FastPass+ you have more control over the time you want and can coordinate your FP+ time with things like dining reservations, other FP+ times, and even naps.
- You don’t have to guess. Will I be able to ride Soarin’ without having to wait in a 260-minute queue? Will I get to Disney’s Hollywood Studios before the paper FastPass for Toy Story Mania is gone for the day? Toy Story FastPasses were usually gone by noon on a busy day. Even if you got there early you were likely to get a return time for much later in the day. FastPass+ takes the guesswork out of your day. Before you even arrive at Disney World you know at least 3 attractions per day that you are guaranteed to experience.
- You can’t lose anything. The old FastPasses were paper. They were easy to lose or even get soggy in the rain. FP+ is linked directly to your MagicBand (if you are staying on property or purchased one) or your park ticket. They are very convenient. You can even keep track of your FastPass+ reservations on your My Disney Experience App.
- You get three to start! With the old FastPass, you could only hold one ticket at a time. Once you used one pass, or were within the timeframe of your current pass, you could obtain another pass. Would you be able to get the ride you wanted? It was always a shot in the dark. FastPass+ gives you three FastPasses to start with! Then, after you use all three you can add one new FastPass at a time.
- You don’t have to leave your couch. It always seemed exhausting and time consuming to go from one FastPass machine to another, back and forth across the park just to skip the lines. With FP+ you get to order your FastPasses 60 days before you arrive (30 if you aren’t staying on property). You can make the reservations from your couch, in your pajamas! How great is that?!? Then all you need to do is start packing for your amazing trip!
Needless to say, I’m a huge fan of FastPass+. There’s no more “quickly walking” to favorites like Toy Story Mania, Soarin’, and Peter Pan’s Flight as soon as you enter the park. I can relax before my trip has even begun knowing that I have secured my highly coveted FastPasses without waiting in a line or traipsing all over the World.
For more on FastPass+ and My Disney Experience, check out the March issue of WDW Magazine.