If you can’t stay on property at Walt Disney World, check out a staff favorite hotel near Walt Disney World that has it all!
I love, love, love Port Orleans Riverside, can’t wait for my upcoming stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and will take any chance I can to spend a night or two watching the animals and lazing around at Victoria Falls at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
But I have another favorite hotel — near Disney, not on property, and for most of the year, it costs about half as much as a Walt Disney World Value Resort.
At the risk of never again having a quiet night to myself at this hotel, take a look at all the Home2Suites at Flamingo Crossings has to offer. It’s super close to the parks, not nearly as crowded as some other off-property hotels, and has some great Disney theming, too. Another key point: It has a resort-style pool, not something found at many Home2Suite hotels in other places.
About Places to Eat Nearby
The area’s still getting built, so you won’t find as much variety in restaurants in Flamingo Crossings as you will in more-developed off-property areas, but that should change soon. Don’t worry: The area has a brewery with counter service for food, a Japanese barbecue restaurant, and a few other eateries. Not sounding like much? Don’t forget, you have a kitchenette in your room, and it’s a really short drive to Disney World resort hotels for lunch or dinner (the hotel has free breakfast every day, with dozens of options.)
What’s the Difference Between a Good Neighbor Hotel and a Gateway Hotel?
Home2Suites does not have Walt Disney World’s “Good Neighbor Hotel” designation, which means if you stay there, you won’t get early access to the parks. However, The Walt Disney Company does include this hotel in its “More Great Hotels” listing.
You can find this hotel near Disney, on the west side of the property. It’s actually closer to Animal Kingdom than some of the on-property hotels. Whenever we stay here, it’s a short drive to Toledo at Coronado Springs (one of my favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World.) Bonus: You can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the pool at night!
Tip for fireworks viewing from this hotel near Disney: Ask for a room on an upper level that faces the fireworks — if they have one, the staff here is super-nice and will do their best to accommodate you!
What Amenities Does this Hotel Near Disney Have?
The Home2Suites Flamingo Crossings more than makes up for not being on Disney property with all of the extras it does offer. Plus, it costs a lot less than staying on property. Amenities include:
- Free breakfast (which includes made-to-order Mickey-shaped waffles.)
- Kitchenettes in every room, with an almost full-size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and toaster.
- You can borrow — for free — an induction cooktop from the front desk. It comes with one medium-sized pan.
- Sleeper sofa and workstation with rolling table separate from the sleeping area. In the studio, you can pull a floor-to-ceiling curtain closed to separate the sleeping quarters. In the two-bedroom, the bed is completely separate.
- Outdoor grills, which are cleaned every day and free to use.
- Fire pits with seating areas.
- A comfortable lobby with cushy chairs, couches, and USB hubs.
- Plenty of storage in the room.
- A pool bar
- A resort-style pool
- Batting cages
- Basketball court
- Pet-friendly ($75 fee) (Don’t forget, though, you can stay at certain Walt Disney World Resort Hotels with your dogs now, too.)
- Small marketplace stocked with chips, frozen meals, ice cream, and small items you may need.
Finally, the hotel has one Disney touch that you won’t find too many places: Inexpensive Disney merch. Forgot a parks bag? Right now, you can buy a 2023 Walt Disney World lightweight backpack for $12 at the front desk. You can either fill it with snacks at the marketplace (that costs extra) or fill it with your own snacks. Enjoy!