Scroll on for your comprehensive guide to the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, with information on activities, live entertainment, schedules, food booths, and more.
The 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts returns in January, running from Jan. 14 through Feb. 21. We’ve broken down everything you can do, see, and eat at the festival in our comprehensive guide to the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
Keep scrolling to find everything you need to know about EPCOT’s newest festival.
Your 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts Passport
Make sure you grab a Festival Passport upon entering EPCOT for the 2022 Festival of the Arts. This is your guide to the day’s activities (and all the Festival of the Arts food booths).
Likewise, we’ve built out our own Festival of the Arts Passport (OK, it’s a Table of Contents) to help you quickly navigate our festival guide. Click or tap the link to go to the section you’d like to read:
- When is the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
- How much is the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
- 2022 Festival of the Arts food booths
- Things to do at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
- 2022 Festival of the Arts merch
- What’s free at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
When Is EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
The 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts starts on Jan. 14 and runs through Feb. 21, giving you just over a month to experience this art-filled fest.
During the festival, EPCOT is open from 10 AM to 9 PM every day.
Each year, EPCOT hosts four festivals of varying length in this order: Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden Festival, Food & Wine Festival, and Festival of the Holidays. EPCOT’s festival dates vary from year to year, but more often than not, the calendar is overwhelmingly filled with ongoing festivals.
In fact, as contributor Matt Krul of Imagineer Podcast shared in our December 2021 issue, there were only 30 days in 2021 that EPCOT wasn’t running a festival.
Not a subscriber to our monthly magazine? For under 14 cents a day, you can get access to all our past subscriber-exclusive content; that’s hundreds of in-depth articles and thousands of stunning photos, all dedicated to the magic of Walt Disney World.
How Much Is EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
The best part of EPCOT’s festivals, including the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, is that they are included with the cost of admission to EPCOT. If you are an Annual Passholder, that means attending the 2022 Festival of the Arts costs nothing that you haven’t already spent.
A standard single-day ticket to EPCOT costs $109.
However, there are other Festival of the Arts costs to factor in. For example, one of the main draws of the festival is the collection of food booths (“food studios”), where you can purchase artistic renditions of classic food, snacks, and drinks. These vary in cost; the cheapest items are typically in the $2 to $3 range while the fanciest cocktails may hit $13 to $15.
While the Festival of the Arts has held free demonstrations and classes in the past, there have also been paid classes you can take (as little as $25 per person).
One activity—the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine—requires the purchase of select food items to complete and earn the prize. Another—the Figment scavenger hunt (“Figment’s Brush with the Masters”)—costs $9.99 to participate.
And of course, there’s plenty of special festival merch to go around. If you just gotta have the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts merch (I mean, Figment is pretty darn cute), be ready to spend a pretty penny. You’ll also find beautiful art for sale during the festival.
2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts Food Booths
One of the big draws of the annual EPCOT Festival of the Arts is the food booths. Unlike the other three festivals, this is one where more thought seems to be put into the presentation of the food rather than the flavor. That’s not to say the food isn’t great; you just need to be more selective of what you spend your festival dollars on if you want a taste to enjoy over a nice Instagram photo.
Not sure what to order? That’s why we offer dedicated reviews of each food booth (called “food studios” for this festival) once the festival launches. We try to sample as much food as early in the festival as possible so we can steer you in the right direction.
In the list below, tap on a food booth name to be whisked away to a review of the menu items with photos.
- The Artist’s Table (The American Adventure)
- The Craftsman’s Courtyard (Near Disney Traders)
- Deco Delights (Near Port of Entry)
- The Deconstructed Dish (Near Port of Entry)
- The Donut Box (Near Test Track)
- El Artista Hambriento (Mexico)
- Goshiki (Japan)
- Gourmet Landscapes (Canada)
- L’Art de la Cuisine Francaise (France)
- L’Arte di Mangiare (Italy)
- The Painted Panda (China)
- Pastoral Palate (Germany)
- Pop Eats (Near Port of Entry)
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina (Morocco)
- Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina (Between Morocco & France)
- Funnel Cake
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Refreshment Outpost
- Refreshment Port
Don’t see a review of the item you want to try? If you’re feeling brave, order it and send us your photos/reviews via Facebook. We can then share it with other readers who will appreciate your insight!
Things to Do at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
In addition to eating your way around World Showcase (and don’t forget to head to Test Track for The Donut Box), the Festival of the Arts has so much to do, from photo ops to shopping experiences to scavenger hunts to actual learning opportunities.
Here’s a full list of things to do at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts:
- Animation Academy
- Artful Photo Ops
- Figment’s Brush with the Master’s (Figment scavenger hunt)
- Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
- Expression Selection: A Paint by Numbers Mural
- Art Defying Gravity
- Chalk Art
- Festival Marketplaces
- DISNEY ON BROADWAY
- Visual Art in Performance
This year, head to America Gardens Theatre, where you can catch a real animation artists giving lessons on how to draw a Disney character.
Animation Academy is a free experience that runs daily from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
Artful Photo Ops
Stroll around World Showcase during the festival to take unique photos inside your favorite art pieces. For 2022, these are pieces and locations you can pose for pictures inside of:
- “Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers” by Vincent van Gogh (Bridge to World Showcase)
- “Peter Pan Storybook” (Bridge to World Showcase)
- An homage to Frida Kahlo (Mexico Pavilion)
- “Mona Lisa” by Leonardo da Vinci (Between Italy and Germany Pavilions)
- “The Scream” by Edvard Munch (Between Italy and Germany Pavilions)
- “Birth of Venus” by Sandro Botticelli (Italy Pavilion Courtyard)
- “Washington Crossing the Delaware” by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze (The American Adventure Pavilion)
- “Luncheon of the Boating Party” by Pierre-Auguste Renoir (International Gateway)
Figment’s Brush with the Masters (Figment Scavenger Hunt)
If you’ve got little ones with your during the EPCOT Festival of the Arts (or if you’re a big kid yourself!), you can hunt for Figment around World Showcase and receive a special prize upon completion. The Figment scavenger hunt costs $9.99 in 2022.
Each year, we go on the hunt to find Figment in every location and provide a spoiler-filled guide to finding the imaginative dragon. Tap for our full guide to finding Figment in the scavenger hunt.
Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
Each EPCOT festival traditionally has some kind of activity to guide you through eating around the world. For the Festival of the Arts, it’s the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, which tasks you with purchasing five specific menu items at various booths that correspond with a color.
You’ll receive a stamp in your Festival Passport for each purchased item. Once you have all five stamps, you can take the Festival Passport to the Deco Delights food studio to claim a prize (it’s the Artist Palette Cookie!).
This year, the featured foods on the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine include:
- Red: Blood Orange-braised Beet Carpaccio with Mustard Vinaigrette, Pickled Clamshell Mushrooms, Golden Beets and Crostini from the Canada booth (Gourmet Landscapes)
- Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie featuring flexible Key Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker Cake and Meringues from The Deconstructed Dish
- Yellow: House-made Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aïoli and Annatto Aïoli from the Encanto booth (Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina)
- Orange: Pan-seared Scallops with Vanilla-Butternut Squash Purée, Brown Butter Cauliflower Purée and Lime Foam from the America booth (The Artist’s Table)
- Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Gelée from The Donut Box
Expression Selection: A Paint by Numbers Mural
One of the coolest experiences at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts is the massive group endeavor of the Paint by Numbers mural. Each week, you can help create a masterpiece along with all the other festival guests.
And in case you’re a newcomer, we’ve got a full guide on how to paint by numbers at the EPCOT Festival of the Arts.
Each day during the festival, you can take part in the Expression Section: A Paint by Numbers Mural at World Nature from 11 AM to 5 PM.
Art Defying Gravity
Performance art is one of the most fun parts of the Festival of the Arts. For 2022, Art Defying Gravity returns. We don’t want to give too much away, but Disney teases that it features “thrilling acts of strength.”
Art Defying Gravity performance times and days vary so always check My Disney Experience during your visit.
Let’s face it: Chalk art at the Festival of the Arts truly is the chalk of the town. (I’ll see myself out.)
Everywhere you look at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, you’re bound to see chalk art. Strolling through World Showcase, you’ll encounter chalk drawings of your favorite Disney characters. This experience is called Chalk Full of Character.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Families can enjoy the interactive Kid’s Chalk Art at World Nature near The Land Pavilion. Each day from 11 AM to 4 PM, families can work together to draw chalk art masterpieces.
At the 2022 Festival of the Arts, to mark the ongoing 50th Anniversary Celebration of Walt Disney World, EPCOT is hosting special 50 Years of Magic chalk drawings over near the new Creations Shop in World Celebration.
Shopping during the EPCOT Festival of the Arts is something that sets this apart from the other three festivals, as you can buy beautiful artwork from actual artists. If you’re lucky, you might even spot artists working on a new piece before your very eyes.
Galleries are spread out throughout EPCOT during the festival. Below are the artist galleries at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts:
- ACME Archives
- Disney Fine Art by Collectors Editions
- Disney Art Festival Market
- James Coleman Studios
- POP Gallery
- Thomas Kinkade Studios
- WonderGround Gallery
- Wyland Galleries
Wondering which famous artists will be at each gallery during the festival? Visit this site, select the week you’re visiting, and discover whom you might run into.
In our March 2022 issue of WDW Magazine, we’ll be sharing a very special exclusive interview we had with a long-time artist at Thomas Kinkade Studios, Dirk Wunderlich. To hear all about Dirk’s experience bringing Disney characters to live in paintings, subscribe to our print edition by February 28, 2022, to make our March issue your very first.
DISNEY ON BROADWAY
Broadway is back, baby! For 2022, Disney has released the full list of performers and the schedule for the DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert series at EPCOT Festival of the Arts.
- Jan. 14: Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs from Aladdin
- Jan. 15: Kerry Butler from Beauty and the Beast and Telly Leung from Aladdin
- Jan. 16-17: Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs from Aladdin
- Jan. 18-19: Kerry Butler from Beauty and the Beast and Telly Leung from Aladdin
- Jan. 20-21: Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs from Aladdin
- Jan. 22-23: Kerry Butler from Beauty and the Beast and Telly Leung from Aladdin
- Jan. 24: Heidi Blickenstaff from Freaky Friday and The Little Mermaid and Robert Creighton from Frozen
- Jan. 25: Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca from Newsies
- Jan. 26-27: Heidi Blickenstaff from Freaky Friday and The Little Mermaid and Robert Creighton from Frozen
- Jan. 28-29: Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca from Newsies
- Jan. 30-31: Heidi Blickenstaff from Freaky Friday and The Little Mermaid and Robert Creighton from Frozen
- Feb. 1-2: Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca from Newsies
- Feb. 3-4: Heidi Blickenstaff from Freaky Friday and The Little Mermaid and Robert Creighton from Frozen
- Feb. 5-6: Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca from Newsies
- Feb. 7: Ashley Brown from Mary Poppins and Josh Strickland from Tarzan
- Feb. 8: Kissy Simmons from The Lion King and Michael James Scott from Aladdin
- Feb. 9-10: Ashley Brown from Mary Poppins and Josh Strickland from Tarzan
- Feb. 11-12: Kissy Simmons from The Lion King and Michael James Scott from Aladdin
- Feb. 13-14: Ashley Brown from Mary Poppins and Josh Strickland from Tarzan
- Feb. 15-16: Kissy Simmons from The Lion King and Michael James Scott from Aladdin
- Feb. 17-18: Ashley Brown from Mary Poppins and Josh Strickland from Tarzan
- Feb. 19-20: Kissy Simmons from The Lion King and Michael James Scott from Aladdin
- Feb. 21: Several performers will return for the final performance and extended finale, including Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, and Michael James Scott.
Check the My Disney Experience app for up-to-date showtimes while at the festival.
Visual Art in Performance
This is one of the coolest experiences at Festival of the Arts. You’ll be able to watch as a guest visual artist paints your favorite Disney characters to life, in real time. Check MDE for showtimes; this is one festival experience you do not want to miss.
2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts Merch
When the festival commences, we’ll bring you photos and videos of the hottest merch. As always, expect a fair amount of Figment merch, including apparel, accessories, and special pins.
Disney has also announced some of the artwork you’ll be able to purchase at the festival.
Art from the WonderGround Gallery
- “Little Orange World” by Jerrod Mayuryama
- “I’m Proud of You” by Mcbiff
- “I Will Always Be With You” by Ann Shen
- “My World” by Ashley Taylor
Art from Disney Artists
- “A Day in the Park” by David Buckley
- “We’ve Got Music” by Morgan Ditta
- “TIE Attack!” by John Nadeau
- “New Classics – Mulan” by Brett Owens
- “Forever Princess” by Darren Wilson
- “Off to Neverland” by Joseph Yakovetic
What’s Free at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts?
Let’s face it: EPCOT festivals can be expensive. If you are hoping to do the Festival of the Arts on a budget, you’ll want to skip the food booths, merch stops, scavenger hunts, food strolls, and special classes and instead focus on these free experiences at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts:
- Exploring (and creating) chalk art
- Paint by Numbers mural
- DISNEY ON BROADWAY concerts
- Live entertainment like Visual Art in Performance and Art Defying Gravity
- Educational experiences like Animation Academy
Not sure if you’re going? You can just get more information about a potential Disney vacation.