We’re taking you on a walkthrough of the Enchanted Garden restaurant onboard the Disney Dream.
Are you setting sail on the Disney Dream soon? Get ready for a vacation full of delicious food because Disney Cruise Line sure knows how to cook up a delicious meal. Disney Cruise Line uses a system called rotational dining for their cruises. All five of the Disney Cruise Line ships include three different restaurants for Guests to experience during dinner throughout the entity of their vacation. And yes, you’ll get to dine at each one of those three locations over the course of your trip.
In order to allow every Guest on board to dine at every restaurant, Disney uses rotational dining. Upon boarding the Disney Cruise Line ship, each stateroom will be assigned a dining time, a table number, and a restaurant schedule. On the Disney Dream specifically, one of those restaurants is Enchanted Garden – a beautiful greenhouse oasis.
Step Into the Enchanted Garden on the Disney Dream
Guests will step into a greenhouse oasis at this beautifully-themed restaurant. Enchanted Garden is inspired by the gardens of Versailles and offers a seasonal menu – meaning the offerings may be different depending on when you set sail.
Enchanted Garden Menu
For starters, let’s take a look at the specialty drinks offered at Enchanted Garden.
- Golden Leafs: Rum, Pomegranate, Peach Schnapps, Cranberry Juice, Soda Water
- Nutty Chocolate: Vanilla Vodka, Crème de Cacao White, Baileys, Galliano, Vanilla Mix
- Northern Garden: Pomegranate Syrup, Sugar Syrup, Harmony Tea, Sprite (Non-Alcholic)
My personal favorite is the Golden Leafs cocktail, but if you are not 21 years of age, or you prefer not to drink alcohol, the Northern Garden is a great option! Enchanted Garden also offers soft drinks such as soda, seltzer, and water. Guests will also start their dinner service with bread. At Enchanted Garden, Guests can enjoy Multigrain and Country Currant Rolls with Chickpea-Garlic Purée.
Moving on to the appetizer course, Enchanted Garden offers the following options.
- Cucumber Garden Roll filled with Julienne of Carrots, Bell Peppers and Zucchini, with Cilantro and dressed with White Shoyu and Lemon Dressing
- Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower with Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing
- North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli with Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil in a Tomato Broth
- Applewood-Smoked Bacon Wild Mushroom Tart with creamy Leeks
My personal favorites are the North Atlantic lobster ravioli and the cucumber garden roll.
Soup and Salad Options
Enchanted Garden also offers soup and salad options that Guests can enjoy prior to the main course.
- Heirloom Tomato Soup with Sour Cream, Croutons and Basil
- Cream of Green Asparagus with Crabmeat and Asparagus Tips
- Spinach and Raspberry Salad: Baby Spinach tossed with fresh Raspberries, Toasted Pine Nuts, crumbled Gorgonzola, and a Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Romaine Wedge: fresh crisp Romaine topped with a creamy Romano Dressing and homemade Spiced Croutons
I highly recommend the cream of green asparagus soup and the spinach and raspberry salad.
Now for the main course! On this menu, there is something for everyone.
- Caramelized Sea Scallops with Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomato Couscous, Caramelized Leeks, and Red Wine Veal Jus
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Fava Bean and Pea Risotto, sliced Fennel and a Dill-Chive Riesling Wine Sauce
- Marioram-Scented Roast Chicken served with Baked Crushed Sweet Potatoes, Buttered Baby Spinach and a Thyme Red Wine Chicken Jus
- Seared Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Rosti Potatoes, Collard Greens and a Morel Cognac Sour Cream Sauce
- Slow-Roasted Prime Rib carved and served with Thyme-roasted Vegetables, Double-Baked Potato, Natural Jus, and Horseradish
I have had the caramelized sea scallops and the pan-seared sea bass before and both are absolutely delicious. My husband has raved about the prime rib, even saying it’s the best prime rib he has ever had.
If you are a vegetarian, there are options for you as well. Enchanted Garden has an entire section on the menu dedicated to those with these dietary preferences.
- Pearl-Barley Cakes with Shallots, Leeks, and Rosemary over Sautéed Julienne of Carrots, Celeriac and Leeks with a Light Saffron Broth
- Glazed Portobello Mushrooms with Brown Lentil and Parsley Sauce and Sun-dried Tomato Cream
But make sure you save room for dessert because the options here are mouth-watering!
- Warm Sticky Date Pudding served with Butterscotch Sauce. Vanilla Ice Cream, and Phyllo Crunch
- Chocolate Garden Torte with Coffee Crème and Caramel Soil
- Orange Almond Cake with Vanilla Yogurt, Panna Cotta and Raspberry Coulis
- Chocolate Brownie Sundae Peanut Butter Brownie Bites with Rich Chocolate Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Chocolate Fudge Sauce
The Signature Dessert here is the Southern Style Pecan Tart with Caramel Sauce, which is my personal favorite!
For a full walkthrough of Enchanted Garden on the Disney Dream, you can check out our full video walkthrough from our time aboard the ship.
Book Your Trip on the Disney Cruise Line
If you’re looking to book a vacation on one of the many Disney Cruise Line ships, we recommend doing so through our partners at Destinations to Travel. They’ll provide you with a free quote and help plan out your trip to make it as magical as possible.