We’re just a few days off from the release of Disney’s newest animated classic, Encanto; in conjunction with the release, the film’s everywoman hero Mirabel has joined Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure as part of Disney ¡Viva Navidad!.
Encanto hasn’t even premiered yet, and already I love Mirabel. Her lack of magical powers in a town where everyone else in magic is Disney in its best form: showing how underdogs or those who are different can be special too.
Visitors to Disney California Adventure for the Festival of Holidays will get to experience Mirabel live in the flesh as the newest addition to Disney ¡Viva Navidad!, a rousing bit of live entertainment with music and dancing, as well as vibrant colors and décor inspired by both Brazil and Mexico.
Where to Meet Mirabel at Festival of Holidays
During the Festival of Holidays at DCA, Mirabel is stationed in her own “casita,” which is the enchanted home of the Madrigals, Mirabel’s magical family. While you’re in this part of the park, you can sample some food from the Viva Navidad booth and, if you’re there on the right day, enjoy Colombian music from El Sabor Bueno, who appears twice a week during the festival’s run.
In addition to the photo location with Mirabel, Disney ¡Viva Navidad! includes a street party with the Three Caballeros (Donald Duck, Panchito, and José Carioca), who dance along with street performers, including:
- Brazilian samba dancers and percussionists
- Mexican folklórico dancers and mariachis
- Massive mojiganga puppets
Mickey and Minnie even show up to celebrate!
WATCH: Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Celebrations at Festival of Holidays
Other Festival of Holidays Live Entertainment
Be sure to catch this other great live entertainment happening during Festival of Holidays:
- The Mistletoes: An a cappella ensemble delivering R&B songs to celebrate the spirit of Kwanzaa at the Pacific Wharf Stage and Palisades Stage
- Mariachi Divas: Catch this GRAMMY Award-winning group at Pacific Wharf.
- Mostly Kosher: Live entertainment that celebrates Hanukkah with jazz, rock, klezmer, and even Latin music at Sonoma Terrace.
- Blue13 Dance Company: Celebrate Diwali with this Bollywood dance company on the Palisades Stage.
- Holiday Toy Drummers: Also on the Palisade Stage is this drumming group performing holiday-themed precision drills.
- “Mickey’s Happy Holidays”: Get your dose of Mickey for the holiday season with this special celebration throughout the park.
In addition, be on the lookout for special holiday concerts, Disney characters dressed for the merry season, and even a visit from Santa on the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
More on Encanto and Festival of Holidays
Encanto releases on Nov. 24, 2021, and will be available to stream this year on Disney+ starting on Dec. 24.