If you have recently planned to head to California in July for your next Disney experience, you may want to look into adjusting your travel plans. In a proactive measure in the wake of the current COVID-19 pandemic spikes, Disneyland delays reopening for the time being.
This includes both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, California.
No New Date Set
Originally scheduled to open its doors on July 17th, there has been very little information on the new opening date.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, “The State of California has now indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4.”
On the plus side, the post does note that the “Downtown Disney District will reopen on July 9 as previously announced with health and safety protocols in place for our cast members and guests”.
As Disneyland delays reopening, you now have enough time to get caught up on how to make reservations and safety requirements upon entry into the parks. Disneyland Resort hotels, previously announced to open July 23rd, have had their openings postponed, too.
Getting Park Reservations for Disneyland
Just as there is a new reservation system for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Disneyland will use a similar system in making park attendance more manageable. This new system will be in place for all attendees to use; this includes Annual Passholders.
More clearly defined instructions will be released shortly on the Disneyland website.
Mask and Safety Requirements
The following items are new health and safety measures to ensure the well-being of all Disneyland Cast Members and Guests:
- All individuals, both Cast Members and Guests alike, are required to wear face coverings.
- Physical distancing measures are in place throughout the park. This includes signs and Cast Members assisting in directing guest traffic.
- All Guests will be subjected to a Temperature Check upon arrival to the parks and the Downtown Disney District. Cast Members will also be tested every day.
- Extra cleaning measures are in place throughout all Disney properties.
- Mobile Ordering in the Disneyland app, Apple Pay, and the use of credit/debit cards are recommended in place of cash payments to limit direct interactions.
These decisions haven’t been made lightly, and these procedures are in place for Guest and Cast Member safety.
Although we are all disappointed that we won’t be able to experience the magic of Disneyland in the near future, we are all looking forward to Walt Disney World reopening its gates starting on July 11.
Reopening procedures at WDW and Disneyland alike are changing frequently. Subscribe to our newsletter to be “in-the-know” of all things Disney!
For more information on Walt Disney World’s reopening and safety measures, check out some of these helpful links.