Your complete guide to the 2023 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite, including everything included with your ticket, special activities, entertainment, and more.
It’s a good year to be a Star Wars fan with the third season of The Mandalorian, the premiere of Ahsoka later this year, and the announcement of several major movies in the future. Plus, Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite is coming this May!
Star Wars Nite was basically an instant sell-out, so there are no tickets remaining. However, if you got your tickets or just want to experience vicariously, here’s your comprehensive guide to 2023 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite.
Highlights of 2023 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite
Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will be taking place May 2, 4, 8, and 11, 2023. While tickets are now sold out, the pricing per ticket was $149 to $169, depending on the date.
What exactly do you get with your ticket to Star Wars Nite? Oh, quite a lot, in fact. Admission to this Disneyland After Dark event includes:
- Early admission to Disneyland starting at 6 PM, with no theme park reservation required
- After-hours access to rides, including Star Wars-themed attractions like Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance
- A Star Wars-themed nighttime fireworks spectacular — Star Wars: Celebrate the Nite Fireworks Show
- Unique character experiences
- A Galactic Dance Party
- Themed Star Wars treats
- Limited-availability merchandise
- Souvenir credential and event guide
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads of photos taken during the event
With all this packed into the price of admission, Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite 2023 promises to be an absolute must if you’re a Jedi or Sith in training.
2023 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite Food
The event will include specialty food items that you will only be able to get during the after hours celebration. These will include:
- Mos Eisley Spaceport Cookies at Harbour Galley
- Galactic Princess Sundae at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Mossy Mint Churro at the Frontierland Churro Cart
- Harissa Tip-Yip Bowl at Red Rose Taverne
- Corned Shaak Loaded Fries at Hungry Bear Restaurant
Can You Wear Costumes to Star Wars Nite?
Yes! Disneyland wants to create a safe, comfortable environment for all fans, so there are a few rules in place.
- Costumes must be considered family-friendly—nothing violent or objectionable, so use your judgment.
- You can’t carry anything that resembles an actual weapon—plastic lightsabers are an exception.
- Nothing pointy or sharp on your costumes.
- No full-length costumes that can drag on the ground—capes must not go below the waist.
- Guests cannot pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests (but feel free to take photos with your friends and family).
Costume masks are not permitted for any guests over the age of 14. Guests 13 and younger may wear costume masks as long as they don’t cover the entire face and leave the eyes visible.
It’s also noted that these rules only apply to Disneyland After Hours. During regular park hours, regular rules apply.
Will All Attractions Be Open During Star Wars Nite?
Most attractions and offerings should be open during 2023 Disneyland After Hours: Star Wars Nite. However, Disneyland has confirmed a few rides that will shut down at the end of regular park hours.
- Critter Country
- Mickey’s Toontown
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Sailing Ship Columbia
Another important note here: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to availability throughout the night, so it’s not guaranteed that it’ll be open if you’re looking to ride.
Will There Be More Dates Added for 2023 Star Wars Nite?
Not surprisingly, Star Wars Nite is a huge, popular event. And that means tickets didn’t last long. The May 2, 4, 8, and 11 dates are all sold out.
If you’re on the outside looking in, you may hope for additional dates to be added. However, Disneyland hasn’t indicated plans to expand this year’s Star Wars Nite schedule, so you may just have to wait until next year.
For those of you lucky enough to have snagged tickets for 2023 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite—may the Force (and the fun) be with you.
Did you get your tickets for Star Wars Nite? Visit the DLR Magazine Facebook page and share your excitement (but maybe try not to gloat too much for the unfortunate ticketless).
Not sure if you’re going? You can just get more information about a potential Disney vacation.