A new ice cream shop has opened at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort in Walt Disney World (WDW) and it sounds delicious.
In what is both sweet and surprising news, a brand new ice cream spot opened at the BoardWalk on Thursday, May 20.
The shop is called BoardWalk Ice Cream and it took over the former location of Ample Hills Creamery.
FYI: Disney’s BoardWalk Villas have been open for sometime now, but Disney’s BoardWalk Inn doesn’t reopen until July 2, 2021.
That said, you can still enjoy the shops and dining locations, including some tasty ice cream along the boardwalk. Let’s talk more details– and the menu!
BoardWalk Ice Cream
BoardWalk Ice Cream officially opened at 3 p.m. on May 20. You can check hours on the official WDW dining page.
As previously stated, the new dining location opened up in the same space where Ample Hills was formerly housed.
The company confirmed to Delish in July 2020 that their BoardWalk store closed for good. They also revealed that their Disney Springs location wasn’t moving forward.
Delish also obtained the following statement from Ample Hills sent from Disney regarding the unfortunate news:
“Our agreement with Ample Hills Creamery ended earlier this year. As a result, Ample Hills will close at Disney’s BoardWalk and the proposed Ample Hills location at Disney Springs will not open later this year.”
Thanks to readers like you, we’re able to bring you the news without bombarding you with annoying ads. Please consider supporting us directly by subscribing to our print edition, and make sure to sign up for our FREE newsletter so you never miss out on the latest at Disney World!
BoardWalk Ice Cream Menu
Here is the menu that’s posted online and in the My Disney Experience app (menus vary slightly) as of May 20:
- Strawberry Splash Shortcake — $8
- Vanilla Shortcake, Strawberry Compote, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Whipped Cream
- Thundering Surf Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sundae — $11
- A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry
- The Classic Wave of Double Scoop (Ice Cream Cup) — $7.00
- Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Butter Pecan, Cookies ‘n Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip, Rainbow Sherbet, Coffee, or Fat-free Chocolate or Vanilla
- Ride the Wave Sundae (Two Scoops) — $8.00
- Choice of one of the following toppings: Marshmallow, Strawberry, Pineapple, Peanut Butter, Hot Fudge, Caramel, or Chocolate Syrup topped with Whipped Cream, Toasted Almonds, and a Cherry. Additional Toppings 1 dollar each
- Surf’s Up Sundae (Three Scoops; additional toppings $1 each) — $10.00
- Choice of one of these toppings: Marshmallow, Strawberry, Pineapple, Peanut Butter, Hot Fudge, Caramel, or Chocolate Syrup topped with Whipped Cream, Toasted Almonds, and a Cherry.
- Shoreside Sundae — $11.00
- Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream smothered in Hot Fudge, Marshmallow Topping, and Snickers bar pieces topped with Whipped Cream, Chopped Peanuts, and a Cherry
- Bayside Brownie À la Mode — $9.00
- A gooey, chewy Brownie, Hot Fudge, and Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sprinkles, and a Cherry
ICE CREAM FLAVORS (prices and sizes unlisted)
- Cookies ‘n Cream
- Rainbow Sherbet
- Butter Pecan
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl (no sugar added)
KIDS’ ICE CREAM
- Mickey Mouse Sundae — $4.49
- One Scoop of Ice Cram with Chocolate Cookies and a Cherry
You can also order a variety of Coke products and bottled water.
Fun fact: The Shore-Side Sundae with Snickers, Bay-Side Brownie a la Mode, and the Strawberry Splash Shortcake are all inspired by Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Are you excited for a new ice cream place on Walt Disney World property? Which sundae will try first at BoardWalk Ice Cream? Tell us in the comments on our Facebook page!