Disney World closed for Hurricane Nicole. Here is when to expect the parks to reopen after the storm passes.
In a historic turn of events, Central Florida is feeling the impacts of Hurricane Nicole. As of 7:00 am on November 10, 2022, the storm has made landfall in Florida and has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm.
Walt Disney World has issued some schedule changes for guests and visitors to be aware of. These updates are as of Thursday, November 10th at 6:30 am. Here are the updates and park information you need to know.
Disney World Closed for Hurricane
Due to the impacts of the storm, the Walt Disney World Theme Parks will reopen in a phased approach starting at 12:00 pm today, Thursday, November 10th. Here are the planned operating hours for today:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Noon to 6:00 pm
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is still scheduled for 7:00 pm to midnight
- 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Fantasmic! will not be presented today, Thursday, November 10th
Water Parks and Mini Golf Closures
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- The park will remain closed today, Thursday, November 10, 2022. Blizzard Beach is currently closed.
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf
- Miniature Golf will remain closed today, Thursday, November 10, 2022.
Walt Disney World Resort Storm Updates
All Walt Disney World Resorts are open to guests during this time. Please take note of these resort changes:
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Fort Wilderness is expected to reopen today, Thursday, November 10, 2022, following an assessment of any impacts from the storm.
Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: The Treehouse Villas will reopen for guests check in today, November 10, 2022.
Other WDW Experiences & Dining
- Any character breakfasts taking place today, November 10, 2022 will not include characters.
- The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage that was scheduled to begin today, November 10, 2022, will be canceled.
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is canceled today, November 10, 2022.
- To see a full list of when resort restaurants are open and reopening, click here.
Disney Springs Hurricane Closures
- Disney Springs will be reopening at 12:00 pm on Thursday, November 10, 2022.
- Disney Springs bus transportation will resume at 2:00 pm on Thursday, November 10, 2022.
Transportation & Bookable Experiences
- Disney transportation will be available to guests and will begin 30 minutes prior to scheduled park openings. Remember to check transportation times on your MyDisney Experience App or at your resort.
- If you had some type of bookable experience scheduled for today, they will resume at the scheduled park opening time.
Unused Park Tickets & Cancellations
- If you had a park ticket for today and it was a partially used multi-day theme park ticket with a window that fell into the Tropical Storm Nicole timeline, you are in luck. Your ticket will be automatically extended within 24 hours to allow use of the remaining unused ticket through September 30, 2023.
- Disney will not enforce cancellation policies for dining and other experiences.
Luckily, the storm is moving past WDW but there are still some schedule changes to be aware of. Hopefully, if you are at the Walt Disney World Resort, you are staying safe.