The cherry on top of an already amazing Disney cruise? A sundae from Disney Wish Joyful Sweets. With sprinkles, of course.
Wondering how this Inside Out-themed dessert shop stacks up against Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats on the Disney Dream or Sweet on You on the Disney Fantasy?
Here’s why Disney Wish Joyful Sweets will have you crying candy tears of joy.
Where Is Disney Wish Joyful Sweets?
You’ll find Joyful Sweets on Deck 11, Aft of the Disney Wish. It shares the deck with nearby Marceline Market food court and Dory’s Forget Me Knots pool shop.
PHOTOS: Disney Wish Joyful Sweets
Welcome to Riley’s Headquarters aka Joyful Sweets. As you’ll remember from Inside Out, this is the place in Riley’s mind that houses her emotions: Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust, and Sadness. On the Disney Wish, this version of Headquarters is your destination for decadent desserts and frozen treats.
The Inside Out theming is incredible and earns top marks from our team. You’ll notice plenty of movie references from the Memory Orb light fixtures to the large character statues. Their likenesses have been captured pretty faithfully, don’t you think?
If you think the lightup Memory Orbs look good during the day, just wait until you see them lit up at night. (Psst! Playing Disney Uncharted Adventure on the Play Disney Parks app? These orbs will help you unlock some hidden magic).
REVIEW: Disney Wish Joyful Sweets
Theming, presentation, and creativity all score an A+ from team WDW Magazine. The way the character statues embody each of the emotions was particularly impressive.
Our social media coordinator, Aly, made a great point about how the fun menu offerings appeal to both children and adults. “It’s a perfect blend,” she says. You’re an adult that wants a Lemon Blueberry gelato topped with a Joy Chocolate piece? Go for it!
Over in the dessert case, the beautiful signature treats from macarons to fancy ganaches are begging to be photographed for your Instagram grid. WDW Magazine CEO, Stephanie, noted that the prepackaged candies make great take-home gifts and souvenirs too!
The gelato comes in adventurous flavor combinations like Black Raspberry Stracciatella and Peanut Butter and Jelly. There’s also a Plant-Based Vanilla option available in the ice cream case. Our team found some of the gelato flavors to be quite mild. The Hazelnut and Pistachio didn’t taste too different from each other. Both were vaguely nutty.
So you might want to doctor up your frozen treat with something from the toppings bar. With so many options, there are endless ways to go wild and customize your dessert to your heart’s (and tastebuds’) content. Passion Fruit Popping Pearls and Confetti Popcorn? Why not? You’re on vacation!
Is Joyful Sweets worth the extra cost? If you’re looking for a no-frills summer treat, opt for the free scoop or cone at Mickey and Friends Festival of Foods. But if it’s an elaborate sundae or decadent dessert you crave, Joyful Sweets is the perfect place to make happy memories.
Disney Wish Joyful Sweets Menu
Joyful Sweets is one of the few dining options on the ship that requires an additional fee. That being said, the prices are pretty reasonable and comparable to what you’d pay in-park for ice cream or treats from the Main Street Confectionery.
- Includes 3 scoops of ice cream, 5 toppings, whipped cream, and a cherry. Served in a take home souvenir cup.
- 1 scoop, $3.50
- 2 scoops, $5
- 3 scoops, $6
Midnight Cookies and Cream, Cookie Dough Dynamo, Raspberry Sorbet, Vanilla, Pistachio Chocolate Chip, Chocolate, Plant-based Vanilla, Mint Chocolate Chip, Strawberry Shortcake, Rum and Raisin, Dulce de Leche, Mango Sorbet, Strawberry, Chocolate
- 1 scoop, $3.75
- 2 scoops, $5.25
- 3 scoops, $6.25
Cupcake Batter, Lemon Blueberry, Red Velvet, Coconut Bounty, Candy Explosion, Black Raspberry Stracciatella, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Mixed Berry, Cookies and Cream, Unicorn, Kit Kat, Butter Pecan, Bubble Gum, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Blueberry Crumble, Strawberry and Chocolate, Mango and Coconut, Sea Salt Caramel, Mars Bar
- Toppings, $0.60 per topping
- Butterfinger, Kit Kat, Toffee Crunch, Twix, Mickey Sprinkles, Rainbow Sprinkles, Joy Yellow Sprinkles, Red Anger Sprinkles, M&M’s, Skittles, Gummy Bears, Confetti Popcorn, Joy Chocolate, Anger Chocolate, Mini Marshmallows, Coconut Bounty, Passion Fruit Popping Pearls, Joyful Sweets Chocolate Logo, Strawberry Pearls, Chocolate Peals, Maraschino Cherries, Strawberry Compote, Raspberry Sauce, Fresh Strawberries, Chocolate Sauce, Caramel Sauce, and more!
- Waffle Cone, $1
- Inside Out Cupcakes, $4.50 each
- Joy (lemon flavor) Cupcake
- Sadness (blueberry flavor) Cupcake
- Anger (red velvet flavor) Cupcake
- Disgust (pistachio flavor) Cupcake
- Fear (bubble gum flavor) Cupcake
- French Macarons, $2.25 each
- Assorted flavors
- Chocolate, Vanilla, Rose Petal, Passion Fruit, Salted Caramel, Lemon, Raspberry, Cookies and Cream
- Assorted flavors
- Chocolate Spheres, $4.50
- Filled with candy and named after each of the Inside Out characters
- Captain Mickey Vanilla Cupcake, $4.50
- Captain Minnie Vanilla Cupcake, $4.50
- Peanut Butter Ganache, $2.50
- Orange Citrus Ganache, $2.50
- Inside Out Oreo Cookies, $4.50
- Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows, $2.00
- Blueberry Popsicle, $4.50
- Lemon Mango Popsicle, $4.50
- Red Velvet Brownie, $4.50
- Carrot Cake Brownie, $4.50
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry, $3.00
Want More Disney Wish Coverage?
Thanks to Disney for hosting us during the Christening Cruise of the Disney Wish. As part of a media preview we were able to enjoy a 3-night sailing, tour the facilities, speak with Imagineers and Cast Members who brought the ship to life, visit Castaway Cay, and enjoy many of the onboard offerings. #DisneyCruise #DisneyWish #DisneyChristening