Disney Cruise Line announced the Disney Fantasy will set sail on September 11, 2021, instead of its original September 4 departure date.
This change means one sailing has been cancelled and four itineraries have been modified from 7-nights to 4-nights.
This news comes after the Disney Dream set sail on August 9, making it the first Disney Cruise Line to head back to sea following its temporary closure due to the pandemic.
Here are the latest Disney Fantasy sailing updates you need to know.
Disney Fantasy Sailing Updates: Modifications & Cancellations
With the Disney Fantasy now setting sail on September 11, this means the 7-night sailing on September 4 is cancelled.
Here’s what guests who booked this sailing need to know:
- If paid in full, guests will receive a 125% future cruise credit.
- If not paid in full, guests will receive a full voyage refund.
- UK and EU guests will receive a full voyage refund (a future cruise credit cannot be issued).
With this change comes four original 7-night cruises being converted into 4-night cruises with new itineraries, including two stops at Disney’s Castaway Cay and no other ports of call on these sailing.
- September 11 — New 2021 sail dates September 11 through 15
- September 18 — New 2021 sail dates September 18 through 22
- September 25 — New 2021 sail dates September 25 through 29
- October 2 — New 2021 sail dates October 2 through 6
Guests will have three courses of action regarding these modifications. They can remain on the same sailing, move their sailing, or cancel altogether.
- If guests remain on the same sailing: $400 non-refundable onboard credit, voyage fare and vacation projection plan adjusted, 25% future discount awarded after sailing (cannot be applied to Disney Wish; must be applied toward future cruise on or before September 30, 2022).
- If guests moves their sailing: Voyage fare adjusted to the new sailing, no onboard credit or discount will be offered, vacation protection plan adjusted to new sailing.
- If guests cancel: Full refund, no onboard credit or discount will be offered, full refund of air and vacation protection plan if booked by Disney.
Thanks to readers like you, we’re able to keep our site free of disrupting ads. Please consider subscribing to our print edition if you’d like to support us directly, and feel free to sign up for our free newsletter so you never miss out on the latest at Walt Disney World!
Future Bookings & Longer Voyages
New guests can book the 4-night sailings on September 11, 18, and 25 and October 2 beginning August 25, 2021.
As for longer voyages, Disney Cruise Line expects to resume sailing 7-night and longer voyages beginning October 9, 2021.
For longer sailings, there will be new debarkation day COVID-19 testing.
This will mean the following:
- All guests (both adults and children of every age) on 5-night or longer sailings are required to undergo a rapid PCR test for COVID-19, to be administered by Inspire Diagnostics on the ship, prior to debarking the ship.
- A $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all guests 12 years and older.
- More information about debarkation day COVID-19 testing on sailings of 5 nights or longer will be available sometime soon.
- Guests booked on 5-night or longer sailings who choose to provide proof of vaccination will not be required to take a COVID-19 test before debarkation.