The popular mindfulness app Calm is now offering a series of Disney Princess stories, soundscapes, and meditations.
We already know Disney can be great for your mental health (after all, a theme park visit is good for the soul and the mind!). But now, thanks to a new collaboration between Disney and the mindfulness app Calm, you can bring your favorite characters and stories to life while working on your mental wellness.
Disney and Calm have come together to create a series of mindfulness exercises and opportunities with Disney Princess characters, allowing you to discover the magic of Disney in an entirely new way. Designed to inspire confidence in kids and make mental health a priority for the entire family, these new Calm activities make mindfulness both fun and powerful.
Learn more about this special collaboration below.
Disney and Calm Are Soothing Stress and Aiding Mental Health Efforts
The impetus for the collaboration between Disney and Calm is the health and wellbeing of kids of all ages, both young and young at heart. From nerves and stress to sleep challenges and difficulty concentrating, the stresses kids and adults experience can affect the whole family.
Fortunately, mindfulness offers everyone the opportunity to positively reshape their mental health and wellbeing (and at any age!). Practicing mindfulness, according to Calm, has been found to reduce anxiety, ease stress, and even improve sleep.
So, the Disney Princess collection created for Calm is designed to harness the power of mindfulness for adults and children. It includes both mindfulness practices and the magic of your favorite Disney Princesses in a collection that features soothing, inspiring, and tension-alleviating content.
What You’ll Find in the Disney and Calm Collection
The Disney meditations, stories, and more included in the Calm app cover a wide range of different approaches to mindfulness. Here’s a look at what you’ll find when you open the app.
Disney Princess Sleep Stories
Designed to make falling and staying asleep easier for kids and adults, the Disney Princess Sleep Stories will help you drift off peacefully as you listen to the soothing voices of your favorite characters. You can choose from:
- Starry-Eyed Quest, a story by Rapunzel
- The Ocean Guardians, a story about Moana’s ancestors
- Daddy’s Front Porch, memories about Tiana’s father
Disney Princess Meditations
There are five Disney Princess Meditations in the Calm app, each of which can help little ones (and adults!) cultivate a mindfulness practice at home. The meditations are narrated by Disney Princess characters, exploring the unique qualities of their stories and personalities. And of course, like any good meditation, these royal ones can help improve focus, build concentration, and calm the nervous system with deep breathing.
The meditations are:
- Breathe like the Ocean with Moana, a meditation designed to soothe worries and instill peace
- Feel Rooted and Strong with Rapunzel, a breathing exercises that soothes nerves and promotes stability
- Let Your Light Shine with Tiana, a meditation that helps brighten up your outlook
- Understanding Others with Belle, a reflective meditation on the similarities shared with others
- Learn Kindness with Cinderella, which helps listeners offer themselves a little more kindness
Disney Princess Soundscapes
You can find some calm in the everyday and immerse yourself in the magical worlds of the Disney Princesses with six special soundscapes in the Calm app. What is a soundscape? It’s a series of soothing sounds that can help calm the nervous system. And the following Disney Princess soundscapes bring the sounds of each princess’s magical world into the Calm app:
- Raya’s River Boat Ride, a calming journey to the lands of Kumandra
- Aurora’s Forest Cottage, which surrounds you with the sounds of Aurora’s cottage out in nature
- An Evening in Jasmine’s Garden, a nighttime walk around the grounds of the royal garden
- Ariel’s Underwater World, which captures the sounds of the undersea kingdom of Atlantica
- Merida’s Mystical Scottish Forest, a visit into the mystical forests of Scotland where the will o’ the wisps live
- Snow White’s Gem Mine, the sounds of the mine in which Snow White’s friends work
Learn more about the Disney and Calm collaboration, and check out the Disney Princess offerings available in the app here.