It’s here! This year’s D23 2022 preview promises pavilions, panels, play and so much more.
The countdown is officially on! The 2022 D23 Expo will be here before we know it. This year’s event will be held from September 9 through 11 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California. It’s a weekend of sneak peeks, presentations, concerts, and (new for 2022!) the D23 Expo Marketplace.
Ready for a first look at this year’s … first looks? Here’s your D23 2022 preview (including a new way to make .
D23 2022 Preview: Pavilions, Panels, Play, And More
Wonderful World of Dreams
The Disney Parks Wonderful World of Dreams pavilion at D23 is your destination for behind-the-scenes looks at upcoming attractions. Immerse yourself in the newest stories and adventures that Disney Imagineers have dreamed up for:
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- EPCOT’s ongoing transformation (maybe a look at Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana?)
- New Frozen-themed experiences
- Disney Cruise Line
- Live entertainment and more
A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Hosted by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman, Josh D’Amaro, this presentation gives attendees a first look at some of Disney’s most highly anticipated projects. Plus, you get bragging rights to say you saw/heard about them first! “A Boundless Future” takes place on September 11 at 10:30 AM on the Hall D23 stage.
DisneyMe First Access
As an added perk, attendees will get to try out DisneyMe for the very first time. DisneyMe is your personal digital avatar in the Play Disney Parks app. Using the app, D23 Expo attendees can design and dress their avatars according to their unique Disney style. Plus, they can join an Expo-exclusive quest that celebrates the launch of DisneyMe as part of Disney Uncharted Adventure on the Disney Wish.
[NEW] D23 Expo Marketplace
Shop for never-before-seen items at the 27,000-square-foot D23 Expo Marketplace. This is your one-stop-shop for Disney’s milestone 100th-anniversary collectibles as well as merch across a number of Disney properties including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
Mickey’s of Glendale
The Walt Disney Imagineering Mickey’s of Glendale shop returns to D23 with three retail spaces:
- Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store: Your destination for Imagineer-designed merch and the Walt Disney Imagineering 70th anniversary collection.
- Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store: Get your limited-edition collectible pins here.
- D23 Expo Shop x Mickey’s of Glendale: Here you’ll find the official D23 Merch 2022 collection.
D23 Expo 2022 Panels
Here’s a rundown of the panels at D23 Expo 2022 straight from the Disney Parks Blog.
Friday, September 10
- 10:30 AM – Inside Look at the Society of Explorers and Adventurers at Backlot Stage
Saturday, September 10
- 10 AM – A Peek Behind the Curtain at the Walt Disney Imagineering Illusions and Special Effects Development Lab at Walt Disney Archives Stage
- 12 PM – Uncovering Treasures from the Marty Sklar Collection at the Walt Disney Archives Stage.
- 4 PM – Dreaming, Designing and Bringing to Life the Disney Wish at Backlot Stage
Sunday, September 11
- 1 PM – Walt Disney Imagineering: 70 Years of Making the Impossible, Possible at Premiere Stage
- 4 PM – Disney Parks Through the Decades: A Disney Ambassador Perspective at Walt Disney Archives Stage
- 4:15 PM – The World of Duffy & Friends Revealed at Hyperion Stage
D23 2022 Preview
Has our D23 2022 preview got you excited for this year’s event? We can’t wait to bring you the very best of the expo. For the latest D23 Expo updates, follow WDW Magazine on Google News.