Here’s the latest on the must-have Star-Spangled Americana Collection – plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Now you can celebrate the red, white, and blue and Mickey too with the new Star-Spangled Americana Collection from Disney Parks. Update your summer accessories with pillows, mugs, tumblers, picture frames, towels, and plates, all with a little splash of Mickey and/or Minnie mixed in. If you want something a little more personal to add to your wardrobe, you can find hats, dresses, shirts, scarves and more. To pick up the latest Star-Spangled Americana Collection piece, head to World of Disney, Marketplace Co-Op, and Disney’s Pin Traders at Disney Springs. If you aren’t headed to Walt Disney World anytime soon, have no fear, the Shop Disney Parks app also has an assortment of merchandise to choose from.
More Toy Story Land merchandise has been announced as the grand opening fast approaches. Not only will there be commemorative merchandise that proclaims “I Played There” for those guests that are among the first to enter the new land, but there is a nice selection for all visitors. You can find a backpack, coffee mugs, light-up tumblers, headbands, pins, and more, all featuring either Toy Story Land, one of your favorite Toy Story characters, or a combination of both. Be sure to check out Beverly Sunset on Sunset Boulevard, In Character, and Mickey’s of Hollywood at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting at the end of June.
Does your child want to join the Force and participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple? It’s a unique experience for young Padawan ages 4-12 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. One of the best parts of this experience is that a Disney PhotoPass photographer is on-hand to capture amazing photos as each Jedi Knight trainee battles the dark side. The photos are included in a Memory Maker package, but you can also purchase a special Jedi Training Photo Print Package. The package includes one 6×8 photo, four 4×6 photos, and Jedi Training Collector cards. This can be purchased at Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind or the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost, both at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Will you be in Walt Disney World on June 24th? If so, there’s a one-day-only event happening at Disney Springs. On this day, chefs from Morimoto Asia and The Polite Pig will merge to bring a variety of Pan-Asian and Southern-inspired dishes for you to try. Some of the unique fare will include Pork cheek tamales, Dim Sum Dogs, and Pork Skirt Steak Yakiniku Tacos. This is a special ticketed event from 12 – 3 p.m. and costs $55 per person (plus tax and gratuity). Children ages 12 and under are $25.
Walt Disney World Resort is continuing their effort to improve their golf courses by enhancing the Lake Buena Vista, Palm and Oak Trail courses. Lake Buena Vista and Oak Trail will be receiving Mickey-shaped bunkers (similar to the one on the Magnolia course.) New powdery white sand will be added to the Lake Buena Vista course. Upgrades at both courses will start this month and finish by mid-August.
Looking for something to occupy your time while standing in a long line at Walt Disney World? Coming soon is a Play Disney Parks app that will enable guests to play together while waiting. It will include activities that interact with certain attraction queues and games that add to an immersive experience. This free app is expected to be available on June 30th, but you can pre-order it now.
You have until Thursday to win the ultimate glamping experience inside of Disney’s Animal Kingdom! Enter a video to explain why you should win and upload it by midnight on June 21st. Not only will the winner get to glamp beneath the floating mountains in the Valley of Mo’ara, but they will get a custom experience like no other. If you win, be sure to share your experience with us!
WDW Closings and Refurbishments this Month
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Toy Story Mania! will be closed June 11–18 in order to prepare for the new queue and entrance.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimaged. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian. (A menu has been released indicating a pending opening!)
- FriendShip boat service that goes from the Epcot area resorts to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closed until June 21 for bridge maintenance.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar, and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019. Also, the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack Snack Bar, and Flying Fish Gameroom will be closed until July 31.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort will be under a room refurbishment until sometime in 2019.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an opening of June 30, 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this Week
Highs of 92°F / Lows of 72°F
Cloudy, sunny breaks, rain showers.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!