Here’s the latest on new additions to character makeovers for ADULTS – plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
What would you say if we told you that Disney finally listened (sort of) to the request for an adult experience at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? It’s not quite at the Boutique itself, but a similar package was recently released. Character Couture Packages are now available at Walt Disney World Salons where you can become “transformed” into a favorite character. Now, this isn’t a complete transformation, but more of an “inspired by” pampering where your hair, makeup, and nails receive a bit of magic. Some of the available styles include Minnie, Cinderella, Ursula, princesses, villains, “galactic” styles and a few more. Participating salons include Disney’s Coronado Springs, Disney’s Grand Floridian, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club salons. You must be 18 years of age or older for this magical makeover. Prices (which are subject to change) are $80 for hair only, $105 for hair and makeup, and $120 for hair, makeup, and nails. Call 407-939-7727 to book your magical experience!
Last year Disney announced a space-themed restaurant coming to Epcot and we finally have a little more information! The restaurant will be located between Mission: SPACE and Test Track and will be built in a newly developed area, meaning they will not be renovating an existing area. The restaurant will be operated by the same group that is in charge of Via Napoli and Maria & Enzo’s. When the restaurant opens you will be able to have dinner “in space” amongst the stars. How neat does that sound? No projected opening date has been announced yet, but speculation has it opening in time for Magic Kingdom’s 50th anniversary in 2021.
DisneyStyle, the newest retail location in Disney Springs, is now officially open for business. This will be your go-to place to accessorize in the style of Disney! There is character inspired apparel, hats, headbands, and the fan-favorite Spirit Jerseys. If you are looking for the perfect selfie attire and want to show off your love of Disney tastefully, this is your store.
Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closing June 11th through the 18th in order to prepare for the new queue and entrance in anticipation of the opening of Toy Story Land on June 30th.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in May
- Liberty Square Riverboat is undergoing refurbishment until an undisclosed time.
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion is closed for refurbishment. A temporary kiosk has been set up nearby.
- World of Disney in Disney Springs is being reimagined. Parts will be closed in phases, but most will remain open during construction.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs remains closed until spring of 2018, when it will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until Spring 2019. Also, the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack Snack Bar, and Flying Fish Gameroom will be closed until July 31st.
- Duck Pond Pool at All Star Movies will be under refurbishment until sometime this spring.
- Bowling Pin Pool at Disney’s Pop Century will be closed through May.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an opening of June 30, 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 86°F / Lows of 70°F
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Community and give us your live report!