Here’s what you need to know about the MAJOR changes coming to the Disney Dining Plan in 2018, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
A Change for Dining During MNSSHP and MVMCP. Attention all those visiting Walt Disney World during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party— evening dining reservations are now available. You may have noticed some trouble getting a reservation at places like Be Our Guest, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and Crystal Palace. Well, it’s because only those who are attending the party on those nights will be admitted into the restaurants during the time of the ticketed events. Previously, guests were admitted up until the start of the party and then escorted out once their meals were finished. Starting this year, you must have a ticket to be allowed into one of the above restaurants.
New: Dooney & Bourke. Dooney & Bourke has upped their accessory game by showing off some of their releases for later this summer. Not only has the Disney Sketch collection has been updated, but coming on July 22nd at the Marketplace Co-Op, you will be able to own a Princess Tiana handbag as well as a number of items from the Madame Leota themed collection.
Can You Believe They Did THIS to Dining?
Dining Plan Changes for 2018. With the release of 2018 travel packages this week, Disney Dining has changed some features of the dining plan. For 2018, there are new beverage options which includes beer, wine, and cocktails for guests over 21. Prices have also gone up by about $8 for adults under the regular Disney Dining Plan and about $1 for children 3-9.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in June
• The Hall of Presidents will be closed until June 29th to make room for the new president.
• Mission Space will be closed June 5th through July 28th.
• Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017.
• The Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be closed until summer 2017.
• Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through 2017.
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
• Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will undergo refurbishments through late 2018.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 90°F / Lows of 73°F
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!