March is Women’s History Month, and Walt Disney World is marking the occasion with Celebrate HER Story. This month-long initiative spotlights the women of Disney—both fictional and real—sharing their stories and lifting their voices.
If you’ll be at WDW Resort in March, here’s how you can Celebrate HER Story.
Celebrate HER Story at Magic Kingdom
In March, Liberty Square Market, Friar’s Nook, and select food and beverage carts along Main Street, U.S.A. are offering unique sweet treats.
- Liberty Square Market: Madame Leota Cupcake
- Inspired by Leota Toombs
- Chocolate-cherry cake filled with black cherry-lime cream finished with blackberry buttercream
- Friar’s Nook: it’s a small world Cupcake
- Inspired by Mary Blair
- Lemon funfetti cake, blue raspberry buttercream, and vanilla-lemon buttercream
- Select food and beverage carts along Main Street, U.S.A: Cinderella Castle Mosaic Cupcake
- Inspired by Dorothea Redmond
- Champagne-flavored cake filled with fresh raspberry champagne compote, finished with gold champagne buttercream, mosaic tile sprinkles and chocolate garnish
Celebrate HER Story 2022 at EPCOT
Several of March’s Garden Rock Concert Series performances put talented female artists on stage and in the spotlight. Performers coming to the America Gardens Theatre during Women’s History Month include
- Skillzmatic: March 2, 3, 29, 30, 31
- Melina León: March 11,12
- CeCe Winans: March 13, 14
- Hello Sister: March 15, 16, 17
- Glass Ceiling: March 22, 23, 24
EPCOT will also house two new exhibits focused on significant women. At the Morocco Pavilion, Rally of the Gazelles (Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc) spotlights the all-female off-road rally race.
Over at American Adventure, Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art gathers together beautiful art from indigenous tastemakers like Loren Aragon, Glenda McKay, and Juanita Growing Thunder.
Celebrate HER Story 2022 at Disney Springs
All March long, a female DJ will spin tunes on Fridays and Saturdays at the AdventHealth Waterside Stage. Women will also be featured performers at Disney Springs throughout the month.
And Disney Springs will offer some great women-created dishes and snacks at three of its biggest hotspots.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Nona’s Home-Style Meatballs Presented by Sous Chef Lori Tiritilli
- Italian meatballs with Sunday gravy, basil pesto, scratch-made lemon ricotta, grilled focaccia crostini, and grated pecorino cheese
- Carne Frita con Tostones presented by Sous Chef Natalie Floyd
- Crispy pork shoulder tostones, pickled onions, and citrus aioli
- “The Passion of My Life” Dessert presented by Pastry Chef Yoly Lazo Colon
- Pineapple, mango and toasted coconut mousse, coconut chiffon cake, white chocolate crisp pearls, and infused passion fruit glacage
- Lady Tano Pop, a concept by Chocolatier Katie Dodge presented by Chef Chocolatier Amanda Lauder
- Plant-based coconut and blueberry swirled ganache topped with dark 65% chocolate
Celebrate HER Story 2022 at Disney Resort Hotels
Beginning March 8, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and Art of Animation Resort offer up two unique menu items inspired by the women of Encanto.
- Chorizo Arepas
- Cheese arepas topped with chorizo, red pepper and onion-egg scramble, arugula, and sliced avocado
- Mirabel Cupcake
- Cinnamon cupcake filled with custard and topped with coconut buttercream, toasted coconut, and Mirabel-inspired fondant garnishes
All-Star Movies Resort also has a pair of exclusive Encanto-inspired sweets.
- Luisa Push-Up Cake Pop
- Layers of vanilla cake and tres leches pastry cream topped with a doughnut hole ‘boulder’
- Encanto Cholado
- Crushed ice topped with sliced fresh fruit, sweetened condensed milk, and shredded coconut
Celebrate HER Story 2022 Around WDW
All throughout the resort, you’ll notice backdrops depicting recognizable Disney women and girls in silhouette. Pop by them, snap a selfie, and be sure to tag your post #CelebrateHERStory on social media.
While you’re wandering the resort or waiting in a queue, you can play Women of Imagineering trivia on the Play Disney Parks App. The Disney MobileMagic Service app will also feature unique passes in March with popular characters like Mrs. Incredible and Minnie Mouse.
And there’s more yet to come! Stay tuned to learn how else Walt Disney World Resort plans to Celebrate HER Story during Women’s History Month.
Which women in your life inspire you most? Visit the WDW Magazine Facebook page and share stories about the women who matter most to you.
Not sure if you’re going? You can just get more information about a potential Disney vacation.