Disney just revealed more details about Epcot’s multi-year transformation! Here are the details.
Last year, Disney announced a whole slew of new attractions coming to Epcot for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary. This multi-year transformation has already begun with the construction of the Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster and Remi’s Ratatouille Adventure.
New Epcot Pavilion
Today, Disney announced two more changes coming to Epcot—including a brand new pavilion!
The new—and as of right now, unnamed—pavilion will be located in the former Wonders of Life building. This new space will feature interactive experiences, Disney characters, hands-on activities, and engaging entertainment.
Zach Riddley, portfolio executive of Walt Disney Imagineering, explains further, “Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create, and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
As a part of the transformation, the entrance to Epcot will also undergo a complete redesign!
The Leave a Legacy photo monuments will be relocated to just outside the park’s gateway. New pathways, lush vegetation, and a new fountain will be put in their place, creating a gorgeous new entrance to the park.
That’s not the only area that will be getting a redesign. Redevelopment will also take place in between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade. Details on that construction will be released at a later date.
New Experience Center
If you’re like me and love to keep tabs on all the upcoming additions to Epcot, you’ll soon be able to get a better glimpse of what’s to come at a new Experience Center that is expected to open later this year. This temporary attraction will be located in the Odyssey Events Pavilion and will feature interactive exhibits to help you visualize the future transformations of the park.
The Transformation Continues…
- Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World
- Epcot Forever, a limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon
- New permanent nighttime spectacular coming to World Showcase Lagoon in 2020
- Space-themed table restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France pavilion
- New Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and an updated O Canada! 360 show
- Signature dining experience inspired by Japan
- “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion
- Authentic crêperie in the France pavilion