Here’s what you need to know about the new black MagicBands, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Get ready for some Black Friday shopping at Disney Springs! This will be your first opportunity to get an all-black MagicBand. Plus, you can get your hands on a limited collection of accessories created from actual cast member costumes worn on The Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto. There are a ton of discounts being offered throughout the retail locations. Be sure to check them out if you are at Walt Disney World this week!
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is finalizing the refurbishment on the old Captain’s Grille, which opens soon as Ale & Compass. The new restaurant is now accepting reservations and officially opens on November 26th. They will feature New England-inspired dishes such as a Coastal Clambake featuring lobster, clams, corn and potatoes. Sounds delicious!
You can now visit the Galaxy’s Edge, a planet known at Batuu, at Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. It seems that Disney is making a step in the right direction to connect this attraction to the new land opening sometime in 2019.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in November
- Hall of Presidents will remain closed and reopen in late 2017.
- Blizzard Beach is under annual refurbishment and will be closed through January 7th 2018.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017. It is also receiving a name change, Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Chef Mickey’s will be undergoing refurbishment from November 28th until December 17th. However, the dining experience will be relocated to the Contemporary Convention Center.
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through early 2018.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
- Old Key West is in the middle of room refurbishments until late June 2018.
- Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 79°F / Lows of 52°F
Partial cloud, showers, sunny.
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!