For the first time in, well, EVER … there’s a Frozen-themed dinner show at sea. Here’s why Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure was our team’s favorite meal on the Disney Wish.
Our team was cordially invited to this royal engagement party as part of a recent Disney Wish media preview.
Is this a celebration worth melting for? What’s on the menu? And who really stole the show? Keep reading to find out.
⚠️ SPOILER ALERT: Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure includes plot details from Frozen II. Continue reading at your own risk!
A Frozen-Themed Theatrical Dining Experience
Picking up right where Frozen II left off, Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure invites you to celebrate the engagement of Queen Anna and Kristoff.
Putting together a royal gala is no easy task. Luckily, the happy couple knew the perfect person to get the job done. Hoo-hoo! Can you guess who they hired?
That’s right! The Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post and Sauna’s humble shopkeeper, Oaken, has a new business venture. Since the events of Frozen II, he’s expanded his trading post and is now the proud owner of “Oaken’s Hearty Party Planning Service … and Sauna.” And according to our team, he stole the show!
During the course of your enchanted evening, you’ll be treated to live performances of Frozen hits by local Arendelle musicians. If you’ve ever wanted to hear Oaken and Kristoff duet on “Let It Go,” … this dinner party can’t be missed!
❄️WDW Magazine Review: “We were treated to the best rendition of ‘Let It Go’ I’ve ever seen,” says our Communications Director, Tatjana.
The final performance of the night is a true spectacle. Elsa takes to the stage to light up the dining room with her icy magic.
Character Dining At Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure
Want to mingle with your favorite Frozen characters? Olaf and Oaken will stop in the aisles in between performances to chat with guests and each other.
Kristoff and Anna may also stop by your table. Anna will happily show off her engagement ring if you ask to see it!
❄️WDW Magazine Review: Due to the theatrical nature of the dining experience, the night unfolds on a strict schedule. As Tatjana notes, “You’re not guaranteed to talk to all the characters. You might get to, but they need to keep the show moving so you may not.”
The Atmosphere of Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure
As soon as you step inside Arendelle on the Disney Wish, you’ll see that the Main Dining Room has undergone a royal transformation. There are even gold bust sculptures of Anna and Elsa as you walk in.
Dining tables are situated around a center stage where the evening’s entertainment will take place. The setup hit our CEO, Stephanie, right “in the feels.”
❄️WDW Magazine Review: “As a theatre kid, I loved the in-the-round performance space and the great cast energy,” says Stephanie.
Guest can’t pick their seats, so you may end up with an obstructed view of the stage (like our team did) if you’re not sitting right next to it. Luckily, the characters do stroll through the aisles at various points in the evening so there are still opportunities to get a closer look at them.
The ceiling uses invisible fiber optics technology to create Elsa’s magic. Meanwhile, the real-time ocean views on the panoramic windows are replaced with the colorful lights of the Aurora Borealis.
While attending a Disney media event last year, Stephanie noted that the table settings at Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure were “by far the most intricate of the three main dining experiences on the Disney Wish.” The edges of the plates feature hidden character silhouettes and the napkins are embroidered with Anna’s signature crocus.
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure Main Menu
Catering for the engagement party is, of course, provided by Oaken’s “Hearty Party Planning Service.” The menu is influenced by Nordic cuisine and the Frozen story. It’s the type of hearty, home cooking that reminded Stephanie of the foods her Finnish nana would make for her when she was a child.
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure Appetizers
- Anna’s Koldtbord: “Hot” Smoked Salmon, Smoked Fjord Trout Horseradish Lefse, Salmon Gravlax, Sweet Shrimp, Dill Honey Mustard, Crisp Knackerbrot
- Blushing Oaken’s Chilled White and Green Asparagus: Pea Tendrils, Heirloom Tomatoes, Radish, Dill
- Elsa’s Royal Baked Scallops: Shrimp Tarragon Bisque, Rainbow Carrots, Leeks, flaky Pastry
❄️WDW Magazine Review: “Very tasty,” says our Creative Director, Danny.
- Jarlsberg Cheese & Rosemary Ham Tart: Gala Apple, Williams Pear Compote
❄️WDW Magazine Review: Tatjana says this dinner appetizer would make an amazing breakfast option: “I now wish I could have this for breakfast everyday. The baked apple and pear compote on the side was sooo yummy.”
- Nordic Cucumber, Potato & Carrot Salad: Baby Oakleaf, Lolla Rossa Lettuce
- Troll Valley Baby Field Greens: Vanilla, Apricots, Brioche Croutons, Candied Walnuts, Lingonberry Dressing
❄️WDW Magazine Review: Stephanie ordered the Nordic Salad while our Social Media Coordinator, Aly, opted for the Troll Valley Salad. Both were very fresh and well seasoned.
From The Kettle
- Sven’s Favorite Carrot Soup: Caraway, Rye Sippits
- Split Yellow Pea Soup: Pulled Ham Hock, Pannekaken
- Six-Grain Viking Loaf: With Roasted Onion Dip
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure Entrées
- King Agnarr’s Dry-rubbed Roasted Pork Tenderloin: Buttered Chard, Honey Butternut Squash, Yukon Gold Potato Purée, crisp Shallots, Red Currant Port Wine Reduction
- Pan-seared Chilean Sea Bass: White Asparagus, Petite Leeks, Savoy Spinach, Romanesco, Peas, Kohlrabi, Rainbow Carrots, seared Scallop, Pea Tendrils, Mjod Vinaigrette
❄️WDW Magazine Review: Tatjana’s sea bass entrée was cooked perfectly: “Light crisp sear on it and so flaky!” Unfortunately, the vegetables were a miss. They were barely cooked or seasoned.
- Arendelle Kjottkake: Braised Meatballs, Rosemary Cream Reduction, Egg Noodles, Lingonberry Chutney
- Juniper Spiced Roasted Chicken Breast: Scallions, Duck Confit Double-fried Potatoes, Estragon Wild Mushroom Ragoût
- Garlic & Thyme Roasted Beef Rib-Eye: Double-baked Potato, Buttered Broccoli, Sweet Honey-Roasted Carrots, Cabernet Jus
- Queen Iduna’s Potato Lefse: Marjoram Butter Crust, Heirloom Carrots, Spinach, Celeriac, Green and White Asparagus, Baby Brussels Sprouts, Leeks, Aquavit Jarlsberg Cream
- Kåldolmar: Plant-based “Beef,” Savoy Cabbage, Brown Rice, Carrots, Celery, Dill Yogurt Drizzle
- Seared Salmon Salad: Fennel Seed Quinoa, Boston Bibb, Oakleaf, Spinach, Endive Lettuce, Red Cabbage, Green Onion, Soft Egg, Cucumber, Dill, Whole-Grain Mustard Dressing, Honey Biscuit Streusel
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak: Served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Slow-roasted Breast of Chicken: Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Oven-baked Fillet of Salmon: Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure Desserts
- Eplekake, Apple Cake: Caramel Sauce, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Florentine Almond Crunch
- Norwegian Pancake Roulade: Pancake, Lingonberry Jam, Gjøvik White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Kvæfjordkake: Butter Cake, Baked Almond Meringue, Vanilla Cream, Berry Compote
- Troll Family’s Rock Chocolate Bar: Chocolate Cake, Pistachio Cookie Rocks, Elderflower Meringue
No Sugar Added
- Citrus-Almond Cake: Lemon Almond Cake, Buttermilk Ice Cream, Orange Fennel Salad
Ice Cream Sundae
- “It’s Elsa’s Coronation Sundae!”: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Marshmallows, fresh Whipped Cream, Snowflakes
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure Kid’s Menu
- Sven’s Sweet Carrot Soup: With Buttery Croutons
- Troll’s Garden Salad: With your favorite choice of Dressing
- 3oz Sirloin Steak and Grilled Shrimp: Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- The Royal Corn Dog: With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza: Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- Mini Cheeseburger on Brioche Bun: Entrées served with fresh Vegetables and your choice of Smashed Potatoes, Steak Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
Disney Check Meals
- Elsa & Anna’s Baked Salmon: With Brown Rice Pilaf, Roasted Cauliflower Florets, and Blueberry Crunch Parfait. Served with choice of small Low Fat Milk or Water
- Kristoff’s Whole-Wheat Penne Pasta with Meatballs: Tomato Sauce, Steamed Carrots, and Apple Slices. Served with choice of small Low Fat Milk or Water
- Olaf’s Campfire S’mores Bar: Graham Cracker, Roasted Marshmallow, Oreo Cookies, Double Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mickey Ice Cream Bar
- Selection of Assorted Ice Cream
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure Review
All of your favorite Frozen characters appear at Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure on the Disney Wish. But who would’ve thought a humble shopkeeper would steal the show?
While our team was disappointed by their obstructed view of the stage, they still had an incredible time thanks to the characters wandering the aisles.
The Norwegian-inspired menu has plenty of hearty options. For smaller appetites, the Olaf’s Campfire S’mores Bar on the kid’s menu is a fantastic (and tasty) dessert option.
As this was a media preview, Tatjana wondered if what our team saw was a scaled-back version of the full show. She thinks there may be more lights and even snow added in for future sailings, but that’s unconfirmed at the time of writing.
Thanks to Disney for hosting us during the Christening Cruise of the Disney Wish. As part of a media preview we were able to enjoy a 3-night sailing, tour the facilities, speak with Imagineers and Cast Members who brought the ship to life, visit Castaway Cay, and enjoy many of the onboard offerings. #DisneyCruise #DisneyWish #DisneyChristening