With Obi-Wan Kenobi just ahead on the Tatooine horizon and the Galactic Starcruiser off and soaring, it’s safe to say Star Wars fans are eating good these days. As if your plate wasn’t already full up, Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite is coming this May.
Speaking of full plates, a bit of bad news if you haven’t already secured tickets. Star Wars Nite is basically an instant sell-out, so there are no tickets remaining.
However, if you got your tickets or just want to experience vicariously, here’s your comprehensive guide to 2022 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite.
Highlights of 2022 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite
What exactly do you get with your ticket to Star Wars Nite? Oh, quite a lot, in fact. Admission to this Disneyland After Dark event includes:
- Early admission to Disneyland starting at 6 PM
- After-hours access to rides, including Star Wars-themed attractions like Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance
- A Star Wars-themed nighttime fireworks spectacular
- Unique dining experiences with a Star Wars twist
- Limited-availability merchandise
- Souvenir credential and event guide
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads of photos taken during the event
With all this packed into the price of admission, Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite 2022 promises to be an absolute must if you’re a Jedi or Sith in training.
Can You Wear Costumes to Star Wars Nite?
Yes! Disneyland wants to create a safe, comfortable environment for all fans, so there are a few rules in place.
- Costumes must be considered family-friendly—nothing violent or objectionable, so use your judgment.
- You can’t carry anything that resembles an actual weapon—plastic lightsabers are an exception.
- Nothing pointy or sharp on your costumes.
- No full-length costumes that can drag on the ground—capes must not go below the waist.
- Guests cannot pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests (but feel free to take photos with your friends and family).
Costume masks are not permitted for any guests over the age of 14. Guests 13 and younger may wear costume masks as long as they don’t cover the entire face and leave the eyes visible.
And Disneyland of course notes that face coverings may be required at the time of your visit depending on park policy.
It’s also noted that these rules only apply to Disneyland After Hours. During regular park hours, regular rules apply.
Will All Attractions Be Open During Star Wars Nite?
Most attractions and offerings should be open during 2022 Disneyland After Hours: Star Wars Nite. However, Disneyland has confirmed a few rides that will shut down at the end of regular park hours.
- Critter Country
- “it’s a small world”
- Mickey’s Toontown (closed for refurbishment)
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Splash Mountain
Another important note here: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to availability throughout the night, so it’s not guaranteed that it’ll be open if you’re looking to ride.
What If I Still Have Tickets from 2020 Star Wars Nite?
If you purchased a ticket for 2020 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite, you cannot exchange it for 2022 admission. Contact Guest Information Ticket Sales at (714) 300-7807 to learn what your options are.
Will There Be More Dates Added for 2022 Star Wars Nite?
Not surprisingly, Star Wars Nite is a huge, popular event. And that means tickets didn’t last long. The May 3, 4, and 27 dates are all sold out.
If you’re on the outside looking in, you may hope for additional dates to be added. However, Disneyland hasn’t indicated plans to expand this year’s Star Wars Nite schedule, so you may just have to wait until next year.
For those of you lucky enough to have snagged tickets for 2022 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite—may the Force (and the fun) be with you.
Did you get your tickets for Star Wars Nite? Visit the DLR Magazine Facebook page and share your excitement (but maybe try not to gloat too much for the unfortunate ticketless).
Not sure if you’re going? You can just get more information about a potential Disney vacation.